Search results

1. james_cupra

AUQ - AYP fitment

perfect, thanks.
  2. james_cupra

AUQ - AYP fitment

Alright folks, hoping someone could answer this fairly simple question for me. A mate has just bought an AYP Ibiza cupra. Will my hybrid ko3s and Bosch 386cc injectors from my AUQ leon I'm currently breaking fit his Ibiza engine? Many thanks, James.
  3. james_cupra

heko wind deflectors

i have a set on mine, think they look great and as said you can leave the windows cracked open to help with condensation and not get the annoying wind noise or rain in the car etc. As long as you use the clips provided they are as secure as they need to be. Although after fitting i needed to use...
  4. james_cupra

Another LCR in Limp on Cold Start

sorry to bring up an old thread here has anyone got any other information on this? after finding this thread I spoke to my mapper about the IAT values and he says it's already been done on my car. I have the same symptoms as everyone else here. cheers
  5. james_cupra

Making the jump from cupra to cupra r

yeah man, exactly. this one I'm keen on is about 170 miles away, luckily I have a couple good friends from that area who are also in the trade who are going to look at it for me tomorrow, if it's not what I'm looking for there's 2 or 3 others I'm looking at too.
  6. james_cupra

thanks for the replys everyone, my current LC is very tired and I am definitely ready for a change. I had thought a LCR would be a better base to start from, seeing people get the figures I want from basic modifications and a good remap. where as a lot of time and money has been spent to get the...
  7. james_cupra

I've seen 2 or 3 around the 50 - 65K mark, thats over half the mileage of mine, with FSH, 1 or 2 owners from new, water pump and cam belt done. between 4 - 5K depending on if i go private or to a dealer. I have abit of money saved im prepared to put into it as it would all prob get wasted on my...
  8. james_cupra

thanks for the replys. sorry what was that 1st bit? when i got the clutch, wrote on the box was 'AGU/BAM' which made me think it would fit? and i have a ko3s hybrid, bosch 386cc injectors, and a walbro fuel pump, was advised to get an adjustable FPR to fine tune the pressure. some of the...
  9. james_cupra

Hi all, pretty much just wanting to make sure i'm doing the right thing here. i have a quite heavily modified leon cupra, however it is high mileage and has lots of niggling problems that have kept me out of love with the car for quite a while now and no matter how much money i throw at it, it...
  10. james_cupra

what have you done to your car today ?

cheers folks. ill start a readers ride sometime with a few more pics when i can be bothered typing everything out!
  11. james_cupra

Aye, looks much better. although the colour is a bit off but that's just a good excuse to shoot the whole car sooner :) not sure if ill bother with the hassle of DRL's, knowing my luck id get fined for whatever reason. would rather spend the money elsewhere tbh.
  12. james_cupra

fitted an R bumper to my LC :)
  13. james_cupra

Awesome GTI Clutch - £625 and worth every penny!

yup. the one that came with the kit is one piece aluminum and the euro one is plastic and in 2 pieces. i hope its going to hold up cos thats it built back up. ill keep everyone posted on how i get on with it.
  14. james_cupra

got my replacement slave though, but they've sent me a cheapy one from euro car parts. pretty pissed off with that but no choice but to get it fitted and see how i get on as i have no form of transport atm.
  15. james_cupra

no sorry, this wasn't fitted by awesome it was fitted by a mechanic in my area. I thought once proven that the slave is faulty they would atleast help pay for labor but that's not the case
  16. james_cupra

phoned awesome today and there giving me another slave on warranty, but wont contribute for labor costs so im going to be at least £200+ on extra labor for something that shouldnt have happened in the first place :\
  17. james_cupra

turns out the new slave that came with the kit has burst somewhere. i tried to bleed the system tonight to take it over to see what the problem was but realised all the fluid was pissing out the bottom. going to phone awesome in the morning, but cant believe this has happened after so many good...
  18. james_cupra

got this clutch and flywheel fitted during the week. love it! although i noticed last night sometimes the clutch pedal sticks down around an inch and i need to lift it with my toe. could anyone shed some light on whats going on here? many thanks, james.
  19. james_cupra

2.5" or 3" cat back?

had a quick search and couldn't quite find the information I wanted. I have a CR Hybrid ko3s in my LC with a full 3" system and decat. last RR figures showed around the 255bhp mark and it's got to the point I want more from the car now. would it benifit more from going down to 2.5" from the cat...
  20. james_cupra

seat leon hesitation

not sure on that one i'm afraid mate, as it was just flung to the side when the new one was fitted. let me know how you get on, for the price of the valve itself there's no harm in changing it. good luck!
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise