Search results

1. ALT54

2.0 TDI 140 vs 2.0 TDI 170

Having had an Altea 140 for two years and clocking over 45k in it and then having a Leon 170 FR for nine months and doing 18K i have had a reasonable experience of both and the FR was definitely worth the extra. Altea was probably slightly heavier so that accounts for a bit but overall...
  2. ALT54

Rattle from Passenger Side Dash / Glovebox - Fixed!

Camberley Seat service and warranty Centre fixed my rattle. They were always good when i had a problem and were prepared to look on this forum to see how others were sorting problems. Paul
  3. ALT54

How do you drive your FR

15K in eight months never seen DPF light :D
  4. ALT54

This "MOO" type noise

N75 Valve as pointed out to me.
  5. ALT54

This "MOO" type noise

Had the 'mooing' noise cured yesterday.:D if it is the same as mine it happens as you come off the throttle especially noticeable in stop start traffic. Garage traced it to the N75 Valve and no amount of fiddling with the mount cured it so they replaced unit under warranty (luckily had one in...
  6. ALT54

Help required. MY 07 FR Passenger Airbag

Unfortunately you are suffering for lack of knowledge on the part of the salesman! The switch was a no cost option when i ordered my car last year but you had to specify it as an accessory on the order or it would not be included in the build. ( I looked at having a switch retro fitted to out...
  7. ALT54

Fault Main Beam Symbol

All is fine, it self tests each time you turn ignition on and checks all bulbs, it will stay on if a fault. Paul
  8. ALT54

Fault Main Beam Symbol

Think you will find it is a self test when you start the engine as it should disappear after a few seconds dab the brake pedal and it will go straight away. it will stay on if their is a fault or come on as and when a bulb blows Ours came on the other day turned out to be a slightly loose rear...
  9. ALT54

Folding mirrors squeak =((

I have had both mine replaced under warranty, there seems to be two faults with the electric mirrors, the first is they do not fold all the way up and secondly the grating noise on folding. control unit is replaced for first fault (both of mine) and motor assembly for second fault nearside...
  10. ALT54

Rattle from Passenger Side Dash / Glovebox - Fixed!

My Rattle has gone at last!!! Dealer replaced near side jacking point trim under warranty and it has done the trick no more rattle at 70'ish.:D Now just need to get the the noise sorted when coming off the throttle (sounds a bit like a cow mooing):confused: Paul
  11. ALT54

3 kids seats in the rear

You will struggle to fit this configuration, i could never fit a Britax seat and two Boosters in mine part of the problem is the middle section which is fine for small bottoms but does not lend itself to a booster seat. Luckily my oldest is 10 so she was able to sit in the middle section with...
  12. ALT54

CD Player

My advice is buy the biggest hard drive you can afford as although the normal compression is fine for headphones i found that feeding it through the stereo showed up the quality (or lack of) of the burning. i now burn as apple lossless which gives the results but is memory heavy! Paul
  13. ALT54

Honest TDI FR Fuel Consumption

Having gone from a 140 Altea achieving mid 40's the FR seems to be averaging 39mpg (actual on last tank) used to get 460 ish miles on altea and seem to get 440 on Leon so not bad compromise for the extra performance Worst average on a journey in FR was 27mpg:D (Good fun though) Paul
  14. ALT54

IPOD Kit IMHO not great

The problem with the ipod kit seems to be that it is fed in through the CD changer input and this does not read the track info. The head unit is capable of it as it reads MP3 CD's without problem. I find it hard to believe this could not have been rectified. Has anyone else found that the...
  15. ALT54

Another speaker thread

The tweeters are a door panel off job and not an easy one i was originally quoted 2 hours per door. (It's the main reason a lot of us have put coaxials in) unscrewing the panels is easy but actually seperating it so you can get at the tweeters is apparently tricky.) there was mention somewhere...
  16. ALT54

How to soften a FR TDI

Koni FSD shocks seem to be the way to go!
  17. ALT54

FR Missing Washer Level Warning is there an alternative

My 56 Plate FR (with bluetooth) has the low warning at the top of the MFD. It can be annoying as unlike our Alhambra where it comes on for a few seconds and then stays off until the next time you start the engine, on the Leon it flahes up every few seconds.
  18. ALT54

Auto Windows

You can also open all the windows by holding the unlock:D
  19. ALT54

Subwoofer installation

As far as i am aware there is no pre wiring for the Seat Sub kit (i am not even sure it is listed in the Uk as an available accessorie.) so you are going to have to run a new power cable from the battery as you suspected. Removing the glove box will give you best chances of access. By changing...
  20. ALT54

Rear Parking Sensors on a Leon FR

They had just been type approved when i picked my FR up in November, I was led to believe they all fitted within the Black area of the bumper so not requiring colour coding. any chance you can clarify please. I was quoted approx £200.00 as well. Would have added them as a factory option (as i...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise