Search results

1. Gauge fitment

So after my recent turbo failure I want to get an oil temperature and possibly boost gauge. Don't like the idea of A-pillar mounts, and don't really want to lose a heating vent. Does anyone have any experience with the DIN mounts that I could put in the slot below the radio? Alternatively...
  2. Insurance and Remaps

What do people declare maps as? for example, many insurance companies have several options such as remap +10%, remap +30% etc. It's difficult to know exact gains without a dyno run before and after...
  3. Lightweight Alloys

Having vague thoughts about refurbing my lupus (FR) wheels because 2 of them are leaking around the bead, and they have some pretty heavy kerbing. Also thinking about declaring them winter wheels (with winter tyres) and then Gettign a set of lighter alloys for the summer. Standard size...
  4. Boost hose popped off

So my lower boost hose gave up this morning, half way up a hill. Wonderful. Limped home and have managed to refit it, with added cable ties to try and support it. The barbs look like they were damaged as it popped off, and the seal was stretched to hell. Has anyone had much luck with the hoses...
  5. Wheel Refurbs

Has anyone got any good recommendations for wheel refurb services? 2 of my wheels are leaking air around the bead from dried up sealant used by a tyre fitter in the past, all of them have some kerbing damage too. I'd like to keep the factory colour and matt finish I think. I could really do...
  6. Fuel gauge going mad - FR TDI

As title really, every so often my fuel gauge goes bonkers, dropping to zero and bouncing back to the correct level a few times, beeping and then it will usually drop to zero and stay, gradually recovering over the next 10 minutes. Is this a common thing with the 4 dial dash? I know the old 6...
  7. 15" Steel wheel fit over FR brakes?

As title, anyone got a clue? As I now live in the sticks and have to go nearly 15 miles over country hills to get to work, I'm planning on investing on a set of steel wheels and winter tyres for the ibiza. I know the spare is a 16" with a 205/45 fitted, but depending on price and availability...
  8. Traction Control Light

This has started coming on in the last few weeks, ever since I had to drive home after and during a torrential rainstorm! Puddles were up to 7 inches or so deep in places, so the car got a soaking! I have looked up some common causes, and as far as I can tell it's none of them. Ie alternator...
  9. Torque Android App

Anyone had a play with this on the mk4? Got an FR Tdi, and this looks a damn sight cheaper than a boost gauge and voltmeter! Plus I will admit to being a bit of a stats geek. Anyone found a bluetooth adapter that works well? Will be using it on a galaxy s3
  10. Towing weights

Can anyone with a facelift FR have a look at their V5 for me and have a look at the towing weight? Hopefully picking one up at the weekend, and was hoping that I'd be able to tow a small trailer with it, but google is giving me the impression that prefaces have towing weights, and the facelifts...
  11. When did the facelift happen?

Looking at buying an fr around the 05/06 point, and seeing some with facelift bumpers, some with the facelift wheel/gearknob, some with wheels, some with the dials, and some with a combination of all the bits! Struggling to tell if Pedro was just bloody inconsistent with facelift parts, or if...
  12. Tie Down points in the boot.

Looking through my owners manual, it mentions some tie down points in the sides of the boot. Now I can't seem to find these, or any cutouts in the boot carpet where they could hid, so does anyone know if they are there, or if there is something there that they would bolt to? If not, then looks...
  13. Wing Mirrors and tyre sizes - Ibiza FR tdi

Hi everyone! Bought an FR tdi, not had a chance to drive it yet :( because I'm waiting on my insurance renewal. However, I have noticed that the wing mirrors don't move, and as it is a fault on both sides, I suspect it is a problem with the switch. Can this be removed from the door car in...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.