Search results

1. Leon_1.8T

Gearbox Rebuild

Are all the O2M boxes pretty much the same from all VAG cars ?
  2. Leon_1.8T

Gearbox Rebuild

I can get the box removed from the car mate - I could just make a couple of days break away up that way if it adds up well
  3. Leon_1.8T

Gearbox Rebuild

That would be great - thank you
  4. Leon_1.8T

Gearbox Rebuild

I would definitely be up for it - I’m fairly handy with tools but not sure how involved it would be, cant seem to find a lot on the process
  5. Leon_1.8T

Gearbox Rebuild

Would you know any rough costs for this sort of work up there?
  6. Leon_1.8T

Gearbox Rebuild

I’m in London mate - willing to travel for quality work at a reasonable price though
  7. Leon_1.8T

Gearbox Rebuild

Evening guys - has anyone got a good recommendation for getting the gearbox reconditioned on a Leon Cupra R? I’ve got a serious grinding issue and from speaking to a couple of garages I need the box redone for a main-shaft bearing. Thanks Mike
  8. Leon_1.8T

Heavy grind in gearbox

Oil seems to be fine - but would the wrong oil possibly be able to cause issues that would cause grinding like that?
  9. Leon_1.8T

Heavy grind in gearbox

Hi MTY12345 I haven’t yet - bought it a few days ago like it at a decent price with the chance in mind that it might need a gearbox. Was just hoping it may have been a common problem I just hadn’t come across. Thanks for your reply - I’ll be checking the oil level tomorrow
  10. Leon_1.8T

Heavy grind in gearbox

Good evening guys, really hoping to get an insight into an issue I have with a Cupra R 225. The car drives like normal pulls perfect and is lovely - until you take your foot off the accelerator in any gear and it is pure grinding as if missing a gear. It’s definitely not the usual sort of...
  11. Leon_1.8T

Forged rods

Hi guys, do any of you have any first hand experience or heard any positives/ negatives about aeb con rods? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271621137481 Thanks
  12. Leon_1.8T

Cupra R New wheel fitment

As said before, that was a really great response Thank you so much - 19's it is I think
  13. Leon_1.8T

Hi Andy, thanks for the reply, I was hoping to get the coilovers so it can be adjusted down for any track days etc, in regards to rolling radius i haven't really worked it out yet but was looking at 235/35R19 as a tyre size. Do you know What sort of Spring shock upgrade brands are reasonably...
  14. Leon_1.8T

Good evening guys. Can anyone tell me the correct width and offset to change the wheels on my Leon Cupra R ? I'm considering 18" same as standard but with wider wheels at the back in mind, or most likely 19" as I want to raise the car a bit so I can fit coilovers and still have original...
  15. Leon_1.8T

Cupra tdi ARL 150 no power

Thanks for the reply mate. I have checked all the usual pipes but they look fine, I think I'll have to jack it up and get a better look at the pancake pipe maybe. Just hoping its not a turbo as haven't done one on these so a little unsure of it.
  16. Leon_1.8T

Cupra tdi ARL 150 no power

Hi guys, Cupra tdi has been a bit on off with power over the last few weeks, mainly really sluggish in 1st and 2nd gear but last night it seemed completely dead and had a load of black smoke coming out the back. I scanned obd and it said turbo pressure low and I had another code mentioning...
  17. Leon_1.8T

To break or not to break? That is the question.

Thanks for your response ronin225
  18. Leon_1.8T

I might be interested in putting the car back to standard and selling off the bits. Pm me an offer on anything you want. I have a neuspeed induction kit on there Also have Forge recirculating valve
  19. Leon_1.8T

Nobody has any idea about this ?
  20. Leon_1.8T

Hi guys, just wondering what could be earnt from breaking a 54 plate Leon Cupra R 225? I unfortunately lost my job after being left unable to work due to a severe car accident last year and can no longer afford to maintain my Cupra as it deserves. Would it make more sense to sell as a whole...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise