Search results

1. Spotted Harlow

Saw a lovely track/race prepped Mk1 on the M11 near Harlow today around 11am. Looked very "time attack" and would be loved to have followed for longer ( I was dawdling so only admired it briefly)
  2. Cleaning products..

My old red Leon was awfu with loads of haze and swirls. I used a degrading polish (Smart Polish)like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smart-Polish-473ml-Superior-Finishing-Polish-Restores-Shine-Smart-Wax-/302141984122?hash=item465910cd7a:g:I6MAAOSwiDFYLvQF and a rotary (I've used them before...
  3. LCR Temperature Gauge Not Working Properly

Ben, mine is doing the same thing. I've changed the CTS twice, and the stat etc. Drives me mad but having changed the sensor twice with the same symptoms, it does seem to point to the wiring. I'll try and source another harness, or make another connector and try that. Not much help, but you're...
  4. P1296 and other cooling issues

Thank you Matty. Yes, the thermostat drops back away from 90 (if it gets there) Basically from first thing in the morning cold, it climbed slowly then dropped up and down from the 1/4 position and then from 1/4 to "90" but boosts ok. The drive feels slightly less smooth than usual, but again...
  5. P1296 and other cooling issues

Morning, Since buying my Leon a wee while ago, I've had numerous cooling problems, and so far replaced the CTS (Genuine from Sere) , waterpump, thermostat and coolant. I've now got a light up with P1296 code. The car has low miles (not that it seems to make a blind bit of difference) and been...
  6. Improving flow to side mount Cupra 180 Mk1

Thanks very much, will get these done. Still have full under tray, and as it's only going to get warmer, might as well get this done.
  7. Improving flow to side mount Cupra 180 Mk1

Afternnoon Gents (and ladies) I want to keep my car looking fairly standard, but am interested in reducing heat soak and improving cooling to the side mount my car has. I've searched the forum and not found anything that answers it as most bin it for a front mount. Any ideas?
  8. Picking up what looks like a gem in the morning.

Welcome in! When you can, add some pictures. I've recently bought a low miler, and had some "issues". Yours is much cheaper than mine was (lucky b#gger!) unless you have paperwork proving it's been done, I would urge you to get the thermostat done, along with the temp sensor and the water...
  9. Intermittent power loss.

Clever stuff. Thanks for the answer.
  10. Intermittent power loss.

Interesting Matty, so would a reflash of an amended code sort it?
  11. Intermittent power loss.

If it helps at all, I had temperature sensor issues with my Cupra and bought this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152204637863?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT It pairs up easily and is reliable. Identifies the faults and clears them. You'll need to find an App for your...
  12. what have you done to your car today ?

Limped it in short trips over to the garage for tomorrows inspection. It did nt cook, but took forever to get over there! Hopefully it'll be back before long with a clean bill of health.
  13. what have you done to your car today ?

Both electric fans cut in and out as as usual if that answers Alexis?....
  14. what have you done to your car today ?

Got recovered on a low loader! Bloody thing over heated after a seven mile drive. Was only going steady when it went from a solid 90 degrees through the roof. I'm fairly happy it s not cooked, but not sure f its the thermostat or the water pump. Bloody thing!
  15. Hello

Welcome Adam, I'm on my second one, good cars and plenty of character.
  16. Semi Newbie!

Welcome in/back, I to have got a second LC180, unfortunately in the two weeks I've had it, it's been hit twice, the drivers door lock has failed with the door locking shut and todays "treat" was the engine light coming on. The irony is, the first one was at 176 k, loads of owners and was pretty...
  17. Another returning bod

Mis adjusted internal fittings sorted, and it seems to be ok :)
  18. Another returning bod

Well, day one was superb. Plenty of poke, nice small turbo meant it's responsive. Sixth gear is a boon to on the motorway. Averaged nearly 40mpg too being gentle. Day two,was almost tragic. The trader I bought the car from explained that he'd had to change the driver lock actuator. Imagine my...
  19. what have you done to your car today ?

Drove it home!!!
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.