Search results

1. Anyone in Derby area

I would pop up, but my car's at the repairers at the moment due to the hail last month and I've no idea when I'm likely to get it back :(
  2. 312 caliper problems

Yep, emery cloth and some elbow grease. Had the exact same problem on my 200SX.
  3. Anyone in Derby area

Doing some testing Ivan?
  4. Mk4 Coilovers

Dude! Your suspension appears to have collapsed!! :p
  5. Diesel Pod Filter

The Green filters come pre-oiled anyway. No filter is dripping in the stuff, but most of them come with oil on them as standard (aftermarket wise, not OEM). We could be here talking all day about them but they're all pretty much the same - K&N, BMC, Green, Pipercross, JR Jetex, etc.
  6. Diesel Pod Filter

Why? There are plenty out and about to choose from, all with pretty much the same bollocks as to how much extra BHP they give! If you want a cone filter just for the sound then buy a simple £5 or £10 jobbie from the Bay.
  7. Binding brake help

As above (in regards to bald_eagle), it's a pretty easy job to do. Once you remove the wheel all should become clear. The hardest part is removing the retaining pins as they're likely to be brittle. Don't use brute force, gentle taps with a small weighted hammer and punch should free them...
  8. How would you spend £300 (ibiza fr tdi)

Get to know your car first because if you don't, you won't appreciate any upgrades. However, having said that, my order of preference (and I appreciate this won't be to everyone's thinking or liking), would be: 1) Uprated discs and pads, flush the old brake fluid and replace with better stuff...
  9. uprated shocks & springs

You might be getting a couple of orders at this rate! If you can match that price (or even better, beat it) it's a serious consideration for anyone thinking of upgrading shocks/springs. My only concern is that I've heard the Weitec's suffer from leakage, although this seems to have been on...
  10. cupra tdi full boost rpm?

AMD are probably your nearest and best (most reputable) bet. They have a Traders section on this Forum.
  11. uprated shocks & springs

vroomtshh posted this link in another thread so thought you'd be interested too, mcd90. http://www.venommotorsport.com/product_details.php?id=48171&manufacturer=Weitec&category=Suspension Cheapest I've seen them retail at, even with the additional P&P!!
  12. Uneven Disc Wear Help

You could try going back to Seat, but if you just asked for new discs and pads, with nothing else, then that's what they have done! Plus it's been several months since they carried out the work. Looks to me like it's a sticking caliper piston or the pad is sticking within the caliper at the...
  13. Whistle Noise HELP :(

All turbos whistle to a certain degree. On a remapped car the turbo whistle will be more pronounced. The reason you can hear it at lower speeds is because there is less wind resistance and hence less wind noise (and road noise) masking the sound as there would be at higher speeds. If it's...
  14. Sparks/Wisps (of red/orange stuff) coming from exhaust.

Just read this as it happened to me tonight after a bit of spirited driving along a very quiet stretch of the motorway. I thought it was the soot burning, or to a lesser extent the cat, but there's always that thought in the back of your mind it could be the turbo or something else! Off out...
  15. Remapped Cupra TDI MPG

To the OP, as mgrays has said, definitely check the brakes. I was averaging around 38mpg (well, the GF was as she drives the car more than I do!) and couldn't get any better no matter what style of driving. I then stripped the front AP's down, removed the corrosion and applied (liberally I may...
  16. Fast help needed

I agree too. It happened to me a year or so ago on my Golf TDI.
  17. Passenger door won't shut

Even though it's sorted and a bit old now, I think you'll find it's not a question - even with just sticking a "?" on the end! You've made a statement and added a "?" on, that's not a question! Where's the "How" or "Why" or "What"?
  18. VW 3424 Tool Places to buy.

Good spot! Thanks for the heads up, it's now on the shopping list :)
  19. Replacing Top Mounts

Dave@Sere
  20. Passenger door won't shut

That's nice to know, thank you for that informative post :P
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.