Search results

1. tundrarocks

Rusty wings replaced under warranty result!!!!!

Ring seat uk first. Then if the dealers are awkward tell them that seat uk have told you to go to the dealer and start the warranty process. If it's for rusty front arches it's the sound deadening holding onto the water and rusting from the inside out. If you google mk5 golf rusty arches you'll...
  2. tundrarocks

That's where I bought the car from. Parts desk are excellent sales department don't know a thing. Took the car straight back and they said it was only the original owner of the car that could claim. That's where the battle started. You don't need full service history I didn't even have to show...
  3. tundrarocks

Found Any Rust On Your Mk2?

Result eventually got seat to replace my front two arches due to rust !
  4. tundrarocks

Only taken 5 and a half years of complaining but finally got both front wings replaced and resprayed by seat! Have to say Arnold Clark at Benton were really helpful unlike any of the other seat dealers in the north east. Now to part ex it for a 330d touring lol
  5. tundrarocks

How Much Is She Worth Private Sale?

I've got a a 56 plate 170fr full service history 135000 miles, new turbo, intercooler, radiator etc and got offered £1000 trade in at Seat, £1200 grom an independent lol
  6. tundrarocks

Turbo started to whine after service. Wrong oil ?

Basically took my car for a service at the main dealer swayed by the offers. All seemed well for a few days but then I noticed my turbo starting to whine until the oil was warmed up. The turbo only has about 10000 miles on it so it shouldn't be worn. Checked the oil level and it turned out to...
  7. tundrarocks

What did you and your MK2 do today?

I didn't expect any real difference as I've got a diesel. Didn't want a straight through as I've got kids and do a lot of motorway miles. really pleased with it though even had a blast around the lakes on the way back !
  8. tundrarocks

Haven't had a chance to take any photos. £520 fitted. A lot I know but better fit than the miltek ones I've seen and standard one is around £400 without fitting. i know people say a cat back makes little to no difference but it has on my car, revs so much better
  9. tundrarocks

Travelled to BCS to get a new cat back on my FR TDI. Worth every penny! Nice subtle burble,quiet enough on the motorway and engine pick up seems to have improved as well. Great guys there and excellent quality
  10. tundrarocks

Lol mine has 114000!
  11. tundrarocks

FR CR170 Timing belt

Hasn't the timing belt kit got revised bolts for the tensioner ?
  12. tundrarocks

Used to work at Nissan and seen some shocking things if you fall behind on the line. Missed bolts, nuts , screws, earths then the carpet goes on top. Saw a primera where they had missed internal panels so none of the holes for bolts were there. So they cut the rear quarter out and welded in a...
  13. tundrarocks

The point is I've spent a lot of money on a car with a warranty that's been made sub standard. Wether its one in a Million or not the job hasn't been done properly I've seen first hand how corners are cut if the production line is running slow. Seat uk on the phone are fantastic,their dealer...
  14. tundrarocks

Lol you can rebuild 205's at the side of the road I loved mine even the diesel I used as a run around best £400 I ever spent lol! It's obviously a problem across the vag range can't understand why they haven't sorted it out
  15. tundrarocks

Annoys me that you have to go through all this with a modern car. I've had 20 year old 205 GTI's that lasted better than this! Still waiting for seat to ring about the issue. Got quoted £350 for just one wing and the boot done by an independent
  16. tundrarocks

Well when I first bought the car and gave it the first hand wash I found the arch bubbling. Took it back got told I wasn't covered because I wasn't the original buyer and it was out of the three years for paint protection. Tried again at the same seat dealer I bought the car at and was told I...
  17. tundrarocks

Mines a 56. Think it's a poor fitting light that's been rubbing against the boot lid. I've had a mk4 golf that went in the same place and I've seen audi go there too. I'm sure they all have that foam in that soaks up water and rots the arch from the inside. Design fault that probably isn't...
  18. tundrarocks

Yes both my front arches are rotten. One has just gone through also rust around the tail light on the boot lid. Looks like foam sound proofing in the wing is holding the water and rusting it from the inside
  19. tundrarocks

Spent more than I anticipated getting my timing belt and water pump fitted. Turns out previous owner had the last belt fitted at sg petch who made a total mess of it. Timing was out. Stripped tensioner bolt in the head and incorrect parts!