Search results

1. Superchips bluefin

I haven't used a Bluefin, but I have used a Celtic tuning Emotion2+ on my previous two cars and I was really happy with the results. They work in a similar way, you read your map with it, send it to be modified then they send it back for you to upload to your car. With the Emotion2 you can...
  2. Brake Pads do not fit

My go to lower cost pads are Mintex. I have never had any issues with them. I don't think it is a good idea to skimp too much on brakes (or tyres) The Mintex are about £34 when bought through ebay.
  3. Brake Pads do not fit

I have read about it on several forums that people are not happy with them. It is probably best to order them from elsewhere.
  4. Brake Pads do not fit

I heard that the Brembo which ECP supplied are made in china under licence, so whilst not fake they are certainly not what you would expect. Certainly I have heard lots of negative reviews of them compared to Brembo supplied elsewhere. I am not certain I would buy Pagid now either considering...
  5. Timing chain or HPFP?

Thanks for the help guys. i decided not to buy it in the end. I need reliable transport not a car with issues...
  6. Timing chain or HPFP?

I did look through the history, I couldn't see any evidence of the cam follower being done recently. The car drove well apart from the rattle with plenty of go at the top of the rev range.
  7. Timing chain or HPFP?

Hi Everyone, I had a look at a Leon yesterday (2.0 TFSi FR EA113) and mostly it was pretty good. The only problem I could really find was a ticking noise from the fuel pump/cam chain area which got quite a lot louder when the engine was hot. Is that most likely to be a worn fuel pump tappet...
  8. Leon K1 Tyres

Personally I like Goodyear eagles and michelins, but if you are after a Midrange the Falken FK510 gets my vote (They are certainly better than the uniroyal RS3)
  9. Mk3 184 diesel FR, what to look for.

Thanks for the help everone on this and a bit of an update. I had a test drive in the car yesterday and was going to buy, but I couldn't get the dealer to do a satisfactory deal with regard to my existing vehicle. I might still go for it, and sell my BMW privately, as it would make me a few...
  10. Mk3 184 diesel FR, what to look for.

Thank you, that is a great help. One other thing that does concern me is that I think this is the emissions scandal engine, and I have heard that the fix can cause reliability issues. Is that something to worry about?
  11. Mk3 184 diesel FR, what to look for.

Hi all, i am thinking of returning to the Seat fold and am thinking of going to look at a 2015 FR 2.0 Diesel 184 with manual transmission. The car has done 66,000 miles and is at a main dealer. Is there anything to look out for specifically on this model or are they pretty reliable? I might...
  12. LED interior lights and fuses

When I got my car all of the interior bulbs were LED, but none of them worked. I found the fuse to be blown, so I replaced it and it blew again. I swapped all of the bulbs back to normal ones and replaced the fuse and everything has been fine since. The LED bulbs were made by Ring, so not just...
  13. Cupra Tyre wear question

I would also say that the tracking needs a slight tweak. Probably down to all of the pot holes and speed humps everywhere, as it knocks skittles out of a cars suspension.
  14. door locks not opening - fix?

I need to do this on a couple of my locks. The only problem I can see is that WD40 itself dries up quite quickly. It is not possible to use a small amount of WD40 to get things moving then put something like 3 in 1 oil in to keep it lubricated for longer?
  15. FR 2.0 TFSI Thermostat

Many Thanks, I did manage to find a genuine one on ebay for £44 in the end. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUINE-SEAT-ALTEA-LEON-TOLEDO-SKODA-OCTAVIA-2-0-THERMOSTAT-06F121111F/182485919594?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
  16. FR 2.0 TFSI Thermostat

Hi everyone, I need to replace the thermostat on my car and was wondering where the best place was to buy a genuine one. Or failing that where is the best place to buy one by the original themostat manufacturer. I know it is a pig of a job but it needs doing. :( Many Thanks
  17. Notchy steering

I am not too familiar with exactly how everything works, but i would first check the easier stuff such as the track rod end ball joints and the strut top swivel bearings.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise