Search results

1. bendyb633

Centre Console Removal

Thanks mate
  2. bendyb633

Centre Console Removal

Does anyone have a guide / pics / tips for removing the centre console and radio? Wanting to strip out the broken Parrot Kit. Thanks.
  3. bendyb633

Stereo screen

Guessed as much. Cheers mate
  4. bendyb633

Stereo screen

Should the stereo screen illuminate at night time? All the buttons do, but the screen doesn't. Is this a common fault or something within the settings? I've tried the dash dimmer switch and it has no effect. Thanks
  5. bendyb633

What did you and your MK2 do today?

I painted mine in situ today, but come the summer, I'll strip the brakes down, new discs and pads, braided hoses and paint the calipers/carriers and dust shields off the car.
  6. bendyb633

Painted the brake calipers! Looks sweet now, but full brake overhaul in the summer!
  7. bendyb633

Rear caliper seized

You can get a caliper wind back tool for around £20 from the likes of Halfords etc. It pushes and turns at the same time. On all car's I have done rear discs/pads on I have used this tool to wind in the calipers. I have even used it to free of a stuck piston before. Hope this helps.
  8. bendyb633

Trip computer (mileage) reset?

Thanks mate, I couldn't see it (dark and position of steering wheel!)
  9. bendyb633

Trip computer (mileage) reset?

Hi, Just got a 2.0 TDi FR on a 2007 plate. Just been mucking around and exploring it, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to reset the trip mileage (bottom right next to total miles). Can someone tell me how to do it? Thanks... Pretty humiliating considering it's...
  10. bendyb633

Bought one! 2.0, FR TDi. 2007 in Silver. Pick it up in a couple of weeks.
  11. bendyb633

what have you done to your car today ?

Finally got round to doing the door seals. Did the passenger side anyhow and drivers side today hopefully. On the passenger side rear, when I removed the interior panel at least a pint of water drained out! I guess that will cure the sloshing sound I could hear! Also changed the front lower...
  12. bendyb633

How to remove boot lock

Hi mate, the bit you need by the sound of it is the XZN or Triple Square bit. I found this set on eBay for picture reference: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-10PC-XZN-TRIPLE-SQUARE-12-POINT-SPLINE-STAR-BIT-SET-LONG-STYLE-/290764425875?pt=US_Hand_Tools&hash=item43b2e90a93 However this is the...
  13. bendyb633

Alternator removal to replace thermostat.

Hope all is well with it!
  14. bendyb633

what have you done to your car today ?

Fitted an outboard motor to it to get around! haha
  15. bendyb633

Air bag fault

Have you had any luck sorting it mate?
  16. bendyb633

Removing front fog lights

Hi mate, it sounds like the threads have stripped on either the retaining nuts or the bolts. I'd suggest that you grip the fog light and pull it as you turn the bolts. You may need to use quite a bit of force when pulling. Hope this helps. Failing this, you may need to drill the heads off the...
  17. bendyb633

Air bag fault

No worries pal, I'm about today up till about 16:30 or tmw after 11:00. Probably won't be on here much between those times.
  18. bendyb633

Air bag fault

I live at Lyneham mate, if you want to pop over I have a code scanner/reset
  19. bendyb633

249 delete

I used this guide mate. In the words of Alexzander Orlov...Simples! http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=372006
  20. bendyb633

Alternator removal to replace thermostat.

For access I removed the metal plate that the dipstick is fixed too, it's a couple of allen bolts into the intake manifold. I also removed the yellow dipstick tube as well, but be careful as they can get brittle due to the engine heat. A good light source as well and you'll see it directly below...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.