Search results

1. skard

Advice changing rear brake pads

I have done a lot of these rear calipers on this platform. Ideally you need someone to hold the caliper whilst you get a spanner on your wind back tool and crank it clockwise, instead of using the little lever (mine is 21mm). It takes a lot of puff to get it going. Just make sure the tool...
  2. skard

Remote control Key programming

Needs a VCDS scan, especially module 46-convenience. I have had a remote fail, even with a flashing light. When you get VCDS on it, you can try resync it to your CCM. Could be a faulty door/boot/bonnet lock module too.
  3. skard

Alternator clutch pulley

Did you get the splined tool that also has a long torx in the middle, to stop the shaft from rotating? Otherwise, you may as well replace the belt since it is cheap and needs to partly come off anyway
  4. skard

Q5 alloys and tyres on a Freetrack?

You'll need spigot rings to fit them with having a 66.6mm centre bore. Not sure if they'll scrape due to the 235 width
  5. skard

Door lock problem

I still have this to do on my old Altea (family member), but the offside. Also interested in any confirmations, as I hate fiddly jobs like this.
  6. skard

Air condicioner does nothing

Look at your aircon compressor pulley...is there a bolt in the centre? Does it stick out quite far and feel loose?
  7. skard

Altea 1.9tdi BXE wont start - help! starter motor/glow plugs/battery/crank sensor

You never know. But that particular battery fits perfect and has a higher capacity and crank rating than the original. Also the Bosch S4 is good, if you have a local Eurocarparts and use click&collect it always works out reasonable, worth looking at
  8. skard

Altea 1.9tdi BXE wont start - help! starter motor/glow plugs/battery/crank sensor

Altea 1.9tdi BXE wont start - help! starter motor/glow plugs/battery/crank se... The Varta E44 is a good uprated battery, won't do any harm putting a new one on. About £67 on ebay and should come in time.
  9. skard

It should be 13.7-14ish volts depending on what accessories you have running, but measure that after a drive or half hour of running. Usually a bad battery sounds like lots of ticking relays and it won't fire up at all. The fact it starts off a jump would point me to investigate the starter...
  10. skard

Have you dropped your key in the last few days - tried the spare? A faulty IMMO chip will cut the engine out within a second or two. Otherwise trace back any leaks or smells and see if any of the fuel lines have come undone.
  11. skard

Engine cover

€187 on ETKA
  12. skard

Engine cover

Or http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111532472111?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D111532472111%26_rdc%3D1
  13. skard

Engine cover

It's the same cover used in VW/Skoda/Audi and you can buy the Seat badge for about a tenner from a dealer/TPS. There'll be loads on ebay, is it a PD140?
  14. skard

Poor fuel consumption

Only posting from actual experience of comparing the same engines between other VAG's. My 2.0 BKD Golf was way more economicial than my 1.9 BXE Altea. Someone on here dropped their suspension and got 3-4MPG more, so I do believe the Altea has more wind resistance. Try a DSG reset in VCDS.
  15. skard

Poor fuel consumption

The body shape of the Altea creates a lot of drag, and that is most likely why it has a few MPG less than other VAG cars using the same engine.
  16. skard

Altea instrument cluster

Different car, steps are identical
  17. skard

Altea instrument cluster

Yes it has to be plugged into your car and it is very easy really. Follow the guide I linked to exactly to the word. If you tinker or deviate from it then it could be hard to rectify it
  18. skard

Programming spare key?

No worries, hope it goes ok
  19. skard

Programming spare key?

The key is just an example, it is held in the same way. I can's stress enough that you don't prise the glass. There are guides showing how to cut around it etc. If extracted ok, a tiny dab of glue will keep it snug in the new case
  20. skard

Programming spare key?

You can't miss it, it is a glass tube http://www.google.no/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=vw%20transponder&source=web&cd=8&ved=0CDAQtwIwBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DxOWRj-hP4Ns%26autoplay%3D1&ei=EmyEVN3sBYLjywOfnoCgDw&usg=AFQjCNGfxs5lV-R7k4f3Qf6AKqHPxXjBSw Hold your old key body...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.