Search results

1. what have you done to your car today ?

i havent done it yet, but im going to be driving 100miles to milton keynes for the week :)
  2. LCR Strange Turbo Noises!

Sounds like a blade chip to me :)
  3. Seeking advice

A mechanical defect in most cases wont show up as a fault code, for example a noise. if you complain that there's a noise, they have to investigate it
  4. VW UP! GT, Mii FR?

I agree, the Citygo doesnt share the good looks the Up and Mii have. I cant tell which one out of the two i prefer though!
  5. Help! Its Cold!

just remove the fuse and look at the side of it, simples :) when you say all the graphics change, they change accordingly to the buttons you press? also try turning the fan on full blast, could indicate a resistor back failure
  6. VW UP! GT, Mii FR?

Pocket rocket! awesome! Hopefully Skoda make a vRS version too :)
  7. Cd changer support

thanks for that mate! i was in a massive rush, didnt have time to run a search :P
  8. Front Knocking Noise

Ahhh, do you have genuine pads fitted? Octavias had the same problem with rear pads knocking, superseded pads were fitted. Non genuine pads can also do this
  9. LCR Strange Turbo Noises!

Its possible a turbine or compressor blade could of chipped, as this would make a similar noise to the one your describing. I personally have never changed turbos for having chipped blades and have never seen them return because of it. Although im not saying that it safe to do so, but ive never...
  10. Seeking advice

Oh deary, in my experience being stubborn enough will get you results, or atleast a better deal. Have a look at their warranty policy if possible. Don't spend money unless you absolutely have to!
  11. Front Knocking Noise

Ok then, seeing that the noise is there when your also stationary rules out the running gear, sounds like when you put the power steering pump under high load (parking ect) its faulting. Try checking the auxiliary belt area + tensioner when the noise occurs.
  12. Seeking advice

Are you sure its a turbo issue? It is always worth being stubborn and insisting they repair the issue as LeonES has rightly said. Im pretty confident you will get this repaired under their 'warranty' i would have a shot at reading though the fine print of that one! Was the car purchased from a...
  13. Front Knocking Noise

Possible CV joint? Hard to tell without actually hearing it, does the noise only occour at slow speeds on tight turns (i.e left hand lock/right hand lock?)
  14. Help from anyone!..

(Y)! haha i can only agree :D
  15. Cd changer support

Hello there, Does anyone know of or run a head unit that supports the seats CD-changer? i brought the car with some dog JVC unit, and i dont want to loose the CD-changer, as it stands my only option would be to go back to the original. Just wondering if anyone knows of any head units that can...
  16. what have you done to your car today ?

gave her a good clean up today, ordered up fabia rear wiper bits to replace the vandalized one :P
  17. what have you done to your car today ?

i did nothing to my car today, although some spineless prat decided my car would look better with no rear wiper arm, snapped the arm clean off :@
  18. what have you done to your car today ?

Air con re gas while at work today :) De-humidifier in the car trying to get rid of all that water from all 4 doors that were leaking :(
  19. Is this is a good cost for a 'major' service?

Seat recommend a belt replacement every 4 years / 80k, so its due on age mate, according to their recommendations
  20. Help from anyone!..

Indeed, Volkswagen group train us to try and live without the diagnostic machines, or become to dependent on 'Guided Fault Finding' ;-)