Search results

1. Lowe

Leaving the fold....

2. Lowe

Leaving the fold....

Put a deposit down on a GT86, so the Cupra will be moving on. It's been a great car for the last 5 years or so, put plenty of smiles on my face to say the least. Will still pop in here now and then but for now adieu peeps. :)
  3. Lowe

new Cupra TDi owner :)

Any 507 spec
  4. Lowe

new Cupra TDi owner :)

Wouldn't worry about modding it too much really. Unless you've got brand new headlights the HIDs/LED's aren't that useful and tbh they end up burning out quickly in my experience - it's not that simple a job to change headlights in the Cupra TDI either, so I'd be inclined to stick with halogen...
  5. Lowe

Whats all your thoughts

Only within 30 days.
  6. Lowe

Suggestions for my new Cupra

Autobrite Direct's Pink Sheen is great for interior stuff. http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/premium-interior-pink-sheen-trim-dressing.html
  7. Lowe

Lack of power, no boost.

Well, I'd be checking the boost hoses and whatnot as a starting point before thinking remap - especially if it's on a stock map. Fuel filter too, often gets overlooked and can get clogged up meaning things get a bit lean and so limp mode kicks in.
  8. Lowe

Lack of power, no boost.

Sounds like limp mode. Probably overboost protection.
  9. Lowe

Boost problem...?

Christ, I bet that's gummed up to the hilt then - even if it doesn't nail this problem down it'll help no end I'm sure. I change mine every service regardless because it's not all that expensive. I had no end of limp mode problems with my Cupra until I changed mine, and like you it was obvious...
  10. Lowe

Boost problem...?

Couple of things come to mind that might be worth a look.. Check the fuel filter - quite often doesn't get changed during a service. Don't put a crap quality one in either. Check boost hoses for obvious leaks or damage (boost hoses can expand if damaged) Also - could be sticky turbo. Give it...
  11. Lowe

Badger's Operation Fugly (Cordoba TDI) - Maintenance shouldn't be expensive...

Got the link for those wipers, I need some new ones - current ones are weeks old and they're knackered already. /edit - this them...
  12. Lowe

Just need to find a turbo off a Merc Sprinter now eh? ;)
  13. Lowe

Stoke-on-Trent/Staffordshire

Hasn't fallen off :rofl: Made a huge difference tbh, very noticeable getting off the M6 at J15 on the first turn to the left.
  14. Lowe

Hah love it mate! I forsee a whole heap of fun on the horizon! ;)
  15. Lowe

Stoke-on-Trent/Staffordshire

Still here, still in the Cupra. 155k on her now! :)
  16. Lowe

Ibiza Cupra R Turbo diesel 2006

That's the 90 degree boost hose that goes into the EGR. Doubt you'll get that from a general car parts place. You'll need to visit a dealer or TPS - or second hand of course.
  17. Lowe

Seat Ibiza 1.8 Cupra R Alloys

205/40/R17 is the standard Ibiza Cupra size.
  18. Lowe

Ibiza Cupra wheels - same as Leon FR?

As above really. Both 17" but are they the same offset etc?
  19. Lowe

Ibiza 6L Cupra Headligths

Just as an FYI, Cupra headlights were never Xenon, and it was an option only on other models.
  20. Lowe

Issue with Cupra calipers...?

When you had the discs put on, did they do a proper run out check? It's possible that the hub face isn't completely clean/flat hence swapping discs hasn't actually helped longer term...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members