Search results

1. New 1.8 or 3yr old cupra

lmao. ok. sure. as has already been mentioned on here in response to you, you are drastically missing the point. "not much difference" - so a 0-60 in 5.8seconds compared to 7.7 isn't much? The sports suspension and differential also means nothing? if there wasn't much difference then why...
  2. Sunglasses Holder

Well no. I wasn't saying it is needed. Just that it's my only ever car I've had that didn't have one. Would quite have liked the option to replace it with sunglasses holder , is all.
  3. New 1.8 or 3yr old cupra

I would definitely say Cupra. In fact - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=437675
  4. Sunglasses Holder

Is that a question? You have a little pull down apartment if you look below the lights knob on the right side of the cabin (on a LHD car)
  5. obd11

Have ordered one myself to do stuff on my new audi, but to elaborate on what others have said, it is a OBD2 Dongle which plugs in under your steering wheel, it connects via Bluetooth to your Android phone where you run an app. You buy the pro version if you want to do long coding (similar to...
  6. Sunglasses Holder

don't even have a drivers side grab handle on my cupra. if it makes you feel any better, brand new Audi S5 doesn't have anywhere really to put sunnies either. :(
  7. VCDS- Adaptive cruise control Cupra 300

if you have the radar unit (why would it be fitted if not using the ACC?) then yes you would be able to. much like if you have the camera behind the rear view mirror you could enable lane assist through software. no idea how to though. There is a disturbing lack of people attempting to try...
  8. A quick advisory.

is this reproducible in a real world situation or is a a user error? I've never had or heard of any problems like this before.
  9. Loud buzzing noise in CUPRA mode

the actuator thing is enabled in sport mode too (just not as loud). should only really hear it when accelerating relatively hard. it should sound just like an amplified engine noise though, so if it sounds like a buzzing noise it might be that the actuator is knackered.
  10. tiredness detection enabling

erratic steering/lack of steering (uses the lane assist hardware one would assume)
  11. Upgrades

how much this sort of thing cost ya all then? (intercooler & exhaust)
  12. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

well, your chances are not very hopeful. you got no choice but to try to see for yourself i'm afraid. its not been confirmed exactly what it is that the Seat audio system uses to "pair" the card with the car. tests have included name of card, contents, etc but it still doesn't seem to care...
  13. tiredness detection enabling

So there are a few features of the cupra which are optional extras but are clearly just a setting to be enabled rather than needing extra hardware. Tiredness detection being one of them. Does anyone know how to use vagcom to enable said feature?
  14. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

nice one, where did you get the new insert? did it cost much? also loose = not tight, lose = ceased to have :) "edit" ok just googled it and found that 034 is a website itself. so i assume you got it from there. version 1 or 2?
  15. Boot Struts

paid £25 couple days ago http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371582121588
  16. Boot Struts

the ones that have been linked on here a good few times.
  17. Can I start the engine without pressing the clutch?!!

again, a non-issue imo. whenever stop/start worked (which in fairness is not often for some reason) the engine starts immediatly and i've never had any such delay in pulling away. unless you're planning on racing someone I can't personally see why this, lets call it what it is, minute, delay...
  18. Boot Struts

ordered these yesterday, but the missus flagged up a valid point when i mentioned them to her. what happens when you/someone goes to open the tailgate manually using the Seat logo? will the pressure cause it to fly up and whack them in the face?
  19. Cupra 280 Neuspeed Bush Insert review

Replaced the shitty bridgestones with goodyear eagle f1's when they wore down.. wheelhop completely gone. was considering doing this 'mod' but thought i'd see what happens when replacing the tyres first since that is something which had to be done anyway. didn't much fancy the extra...
  20. Can I start the engine without pressing the clutch?!!

i've no idea what peoples beef is with this. what is the problem with pressing the clutch in when starting the engine?? it ensures that you're not going to burst forward if you've left it in gear and not noticed. once you've put the clutch in, take the clutch out again. where is the issue...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.