Search results

1. matt_s

Instrument cluster lights

My daughter has a problem with the instrument cluster on her Ibiza, 2012 SE TDI. The while lights for the dials stay on all the time, key out and doors locked. I'm assuming it needs repairing, has anyone had this problem and had it fixed? Any recommended places to get it fixed near...
  2. matt_s

Own up

Who's blown up their car? https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/halifax-explosion-car-cigarette-police-17424458 Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  3. matt_s

Charge air cooler temperature

I was fiddling around with Torque and found the charge air cooler temperature. It was reading 87C, is this correct? I thought it was supposed to have it's own circuit, pump and radiator but it's at the same temperature as the main engine coolant circuit. The car is a 2013 2.0 TDI 150.
  4. matt_s

Rear Brakes

My wife needs new pads in the back of her Ibiza, it a 1.2 FR. Is there a guide on here anywhere or somewhere I can get the torque spec for the bolts that come in the kit? Cheers.
  5. matt_s

Clutch pedal slamming to the floor

I've just been out to use the car and the clutch pedal slammed to the floor as soon as i touched it. I can hook it back up again. Any ideas on what the issue could be? The brake fluid reservoir is at about a quarter the way up from the min line and there are no drips under the car. Is there...
  6. matt_s

Aircon only blowing hot on drivers side

This morning I could only get hot air on the drivers side. The passenger side could do hot and cold, but the drivers side was stuck on hot. Any suggestions on where to start? It's a 2013 FR TDI. Cheers Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
  7. matt_s

Phone Charger socket

Is there anywhere other than the socket under the arm rest to plug in a phone charger? Or is there an easy way to add one so a phone in a brodit mount by the stereo doesn't have a wire going all the way back and looks neater?
  8. matt_s

Journey length for DPF regen

I'm looking at getting a mk3 Leon 2 litre diesel, preferably an FR for the extra standard kit and looks. My normal driving during the week consists of a couple of 3 mile round trips to pick my son up from day care plus a 50 mile round trip commute at least once a week. Does this sound like...
  9. matt_s

P1136 and engine light

I had the engine light come on at the end of March. My mechanic did a scan and it came up with P1136. He checked the vacuum pipes and reset it. Before the light came on the car accelerated a bit jerkily. Once reset it was nice and smooth for a couple of weeks then went back to jerky again...
  10. matt_s

Temperature gauge fluctuates

The temperature gauge on my Leon 1.8T had started to fluctuate. I checked the temperature on the climate control panel, channel 51, and it sat a steady 90 all the time once it was warmed up. Does this sound like it's the temperature sensor and not the thermostat? Cheers. Sent from my XT1562...
  11. matt_s

CR vs PD

I'm looking for either a leon or an altea but how do you tell if the engine is a PD or CR engine? I'm looking for a 2l 140ps car. Is there an easy way to tell the difference as a lot owners don't know the difference and I'd like to be able to tell the difference from a picture. Cheers.
  12. matt_s

Prospective buyer

I'm looking at replacing my Leon. This time it's my turn to get the family car so I'm looking at an Altea or Altea XL. So a few questions. 1) How much difference is there in space between them? I'm thinking the extra space would be good for camping holidays. 2) Looking at adverts I'm...
  13. matt_s

No 1st or 2nd gear

Just lost 1st and second gears. No drive at all. It still has reverse and I can get it moving in 3rd. Any ideas what's happened?
  14. matt_s

Handbrake lever doesn't go down as easily

At the start of the week my handbrake felt different. I'm sure it pulls up further, 7 clicks, and needs help to go all the way back down. I've checked under the car and both handbrake levers on the calipers return to the stops and it still holds the car on slopes. Could one of the cables...
  15. matt_s

Oil Pressure light

I've had the oil pressure light come on, flashing red and 3 beeps. There is plenty oil. It doesn't come on all the time. When it comes on it can be at any rpm. I'm thinking it's the pickup, does that sound right? Now I've just got to get it in a garage to be fixed before the weekend.
  16. matt_s

Climate Control Problem

My climate control is playing up. When I turn the car on it blows ok, but within a few seconds it slows down to almost nothing, but still shows the fan speed as high on the display and you can hear it going. If you slow it down manually you hear it slow. If I change the temperature from...
  17. matt_s

Cleaning a plastic car

A friend has just bought a westfield and needs to know what to clean it with? Should he just use normal car wash, ie megs gold class or similar? Is normal wax ok to use on the grp body? Thanks
  18. matt_s

Rear tyre wear?

Got my front tyres replaced at the weekend and the place said they couldn't swap the fronts and rears over because the rears had worn funny. I can't see anything obvious like patchy wear or the edge being more worn. Also can't see the damper leaking. Is this common on leons and should I...
  19. matt_s

40k service

A workmates Leon Cupra TDi has just been serviced. It seems like a lot of work was done, could the dealer have taken advantage of it being a fleet car? It's 18 months old and had a full 40k service, all new brake discs and pads, cambelt and waterpump because it was leaking. Plus they only...
  20. matt_s

Reversing lights

My reversing lights have stopped working. They were okay a few days ago but I haven't used them in the dark for a while. Is there an easy thing to check like a wire that could have come off. I've put one of the bulbs in the fog light and it works so it's not that. Unless the bulb I didn't...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.