Search results

1. Relay help, rear wiper and 12v socket not working

Hey, trying to figure out why my rear wiper and 12V socket aren't working. Heater and fans seem OK. In the lower relay carrier behind the OBD port I have: 1) empty 2) 373 3) 449 x2 4) 373 5) 373 Anyone know if one of these is likely to be the correct one for this circuit? Engine code CDL (59...
  2. In-tank fuel pump Cupra

Has anyone had issues with the in-tank fuel pump? Car is a 59 plate Cupra. After driving home from work I've noticed that the pump is noisy making a constant whirring on idle only, add a couple of revs and it goes quiet again. Doesn't make the noise on first start up, and seems to be fuelling...
  3. Car shaking at 65+ (not wheel balancing)

Has anyone had an issue of their Leon shaking at motorway speeds? Becomes noticeable at 65 mph and gets progressively worse the faster you go. Wheels are all balanced, fairly new tyres all round, springs/shocks are fine. Any thoughts? Cheers
  4. ESP Fault

I have just been to unlock my car and the alarm went off. Locked/unlocked again and it stopped. Then when starting the engine "ESP Fault" bonged up on the MFD and the three lights (tyre pressure, ABS, TCS) are lit on the dash. These all cleared after I drove a short distance, as if the battery...
  5. Written off - Salvage price?

Does anyone know how much I could expect to get for salvage on a Cupra? The car is a cat C and wouldn't be worth repairing, but the engine/front end is completely undamaged. Engine code BWJ, less than 55000 miles and just serviced.
  6. Cupra clutch SMF or DMF?

I'm due a replacement clutch and looking at my options, I'm not sure whether to go SMF or DMF. The car is a 2007 Cupra. Has anyone had any experience with this kit from Darkside?http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/darkside-single-mass-flywheel-smf-clutch-kit-for-vw-02q-6-speed.html...
  7. Which radio for pre-fl cars

My pre facelift Cupra stereo is somewhat lacking, just wondering what upgrades there are for the Pre-FL cars. I read about some of them draining the battery. Sat nav not essential and I don't think I have a DAB aerial. Suggestions, and where to buy would be much appreciated :)
  8. Water pump

How do you know when the water pump is on it's way out? I've been noticing a whining noise with having the windows down this week, not particularly loud though, and have lost a small amount of coolant over the past month (from just under the max down to the min line). There are no wet patches...
  9. TT-S 340mm discs

Has anyone ever tried fitting the 340mm TT-S discs instead of the OEM 345mm discs on a Cupra? Just curious as some guys on the Golf forum have spoke about it.
  10. Noisy air conditioning compressor

Is anyone elses air conditioning system really noisy? It's only noisy when the AC is on and is dependant on engine revs, suspect the compressor may be on it's way out :(
  11. Wheel fitting damage

Just had my tyres swapped onto a new set of alloys. The "tyre fitter" has managed to take a chunk out of one rim and scraped around the half the circumference of another. I've just noticed now while I'm cleaning them at home and I'm absolutely fuming. Going back tomorrow to see what they say...
  12. Fault code reader

Can anyone recommend a fault code reader/reset device other than Vagcom? I've seen a few handsets around £20-30 that claim to be universal but no info on whether they can clear codes or not?
  13. BCS exhausts

Had more of a chance to drive the car today after having the a full turbo-back with 200 cell cat fitted by BCS yesterday. I opted to go for the Sports system Was impressed how quickly the system was fitted and ready to go, just about had time for a quick chat and a cuppa! It has completely...
  14. PCV valve

Does the revision N replace all older part numbers of the PCV valve? Cheers
  15. Team Dynamics centre caps

I ordered some Seat badges and replaced the tired-looking standard centre cap badges (TD Pro Race 1.2) with them today If anyone is interested, the size is 45mm and are available here: http://www.signdezine.co.uk/vinyl_graphics/proddetail.php?prod=3D-Domed-Gel-SEAT-wheelcenter Once the...
  16. Jacking point cover

After checking they were still properly attached in the snow last weekend, my plans for this weekend were to put some cable ties on the jacking point covers, and guess what happened today? :( [:@] Does anyone have a part number for the front drivers side?
  17. Magnex exhausts

Looking at a turbo-back for my Leon, has anyone had any experience with Magnex?
  18. Dash part numbers

If someone could do me a big favour, I need the part numbers for the dash parts in both footwells... The passenger side covers up the pollen filter box and air vents, located directly below the glovebox, looks like 2 or 3 screws holding it in The driver side covers up the air vents and...
  19. Lowering on pro race 1.2s

I did a search but couldn't find this particular topic... I'm thinking of lowering my Cupra (Eibach Pro springs, 30mm), but I have Team Dynamics ProRace1.2 alloys fitted and I'm a bit concerned the tyres will catch the arches as the front wheels seem to stick out quite far Anyone with any...
  20. P-Torque

Anyone knows whats going on? Can't get through to them via email or phone
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise