Search results

1. Lewwy

Left rear level control sensor - Where to buy?

Thanks for the link. I get where your coming from with making the decision on fitting 2nd hand parts. My car is a 63 plate so the sensor has some age to it. However it has just failed and the car has only just hit 34k miles. So its probably not operated as a component that much and not seen as...
  2. Lewwy

Thanks for the reply. I have been trying to source one at a reasonable price. Getting quotes around £160 for a brand new one, which seems a bit steep. Hoping I can remove and reuse the bracket parts and get just the sensor slightly cheaper from something different. Seems the part number of the...
  3. Lewwy

Did you have any luck in sourcing one of these? I have the same issue as you and the level sensor I require is the same as yours. As far as i can see there is only the one level sensor on my car. However when searching the part number of the sensor the ones I find all have completely different...
  4. Lewwy

1.4 TSI Slave / Master cylinder issues

RUN4MO thanks for your reply. I have been trying to read up on what causes this and have found varying information. The slave cylinder which appears to be external to the gearbox doesn't appear to have any leaks. I haven't investigated the master cylinder deeply enough yet. I was wondering about...
  5. Lewwy

Yes I can only assume too that there's some hook they do at the MD to assist them with this diagnostic. I have VCDS but didn't hold out much hope as I assume this is a purely mechanical fault. Although I am sure purely coincidental at the same time the clutch started being silly I have had a...
  6. Lewwy

Hi DigitalSushi thank you for the pdf information you have attached. This is very useful and interesting reading. Thanks for taking the time to find out this info. I would be interested to know what the 'guided fault finding' entails that the dealers carry out prior to replacing either of the...
  7. Lewwy

Yesterday when doing a 50 mile journey noticed the clutch pedal was feeling slightly strange on some of the gear changes, i.e. slower to return to normal position. On my return journey I had the pedal hitting the floor and I had to pull it back up with my foot. Sometimes it was operating ok and...
  8. Lewwy

Front suspension creaking

Does anyone know what the greasing procedure is? What parts are greased at the dealers? Also what grease needs to be used? I have this creaking on my front suspension, both sides and really makes me feel like its the anti-roll bar as is mostly evident when the suspension is being extended...
  9. Lewwy

Altea Reference Sport suspension question

Gavin, Thanks for your feedback. I have had some help from David at Sere and I don't think the Reference Sport has sports springs on it, it seems as though they are a standard spring (same as Reference and Stylance). I think the FR does seem like a speciality though, for interest I have...
  10. Lewwy

Altea Reference Sport suspension question

My Altea Reference Sport 1.9 TDI has Just failed its MOT on front spring (passenger side) being snapped at the bottom. Can anyone tell me if the Reference Sport has different springs to the standard Reference model? (When searching up my car by its reg plate gives a Reference result - on log...
  11. Lewwy

Squeaky Windows !!

Deffo dump the £12 kit, the only proper way is the replace the whole lot, otherwise as said you will be stripping it all off again, and i think the Altea door mechanism and card removal is the most awkward I have done on any car. Full genuine regulator should be available for approx £90 from...
  12. Lewwy

How to get rid of that Bong whenever i turn ignition?

Auto wipers are the best invention ever ;o)
  13. Lewwy

Remote unlocking problem

Have had the same problem with mine for about 12months, on the passenger side rear door. Lock whirrs but does not unlock. PITA. Lewwy
  14. Lewwy

L.E.D bulbs?

Just fitted these sidelight bulbs in my 2006 Altea TDi and seem good so far! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-ERROR-FREE-CANBUS-W5W-T10-501-LED-SIDE-LIGHT-BULB-8-SMD-Xenon-White-/150960970839?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2325f99c57#ht_1803wt_1255 Father in Law has had a set...
  15. Lewwy

Sticky Passenger Window

Sit and wait for your regulator to break - they usually do. Then tear your hair out trying to fit a new one!
  16. Lewwy

Altea xl losing power

I agree, if a cylinder was down 20% down I think you would feel it across the whole rev range. Sound more likely to be an electrical fault of some sort, or some component breaking down. See if you can get someone with VCDS to scan the car and also take some live data while you are driving it...
  17. Lewwy

2005 Altea battery replacement

Good Call! Same battery with £5 off deal @ carparts4less.co.uk : GRAND TOTAL (inc VAT): £63.40 So a bit cheaper still. Bear in mind that you can get 5% Quidco with Euro Car Parts for online sales as well. which could potentially get another £3 ish off.
  18. Lewwy

2005 Altea battery replacement

Try Euro Car Parts, they have good offers on all the time - and free delivery. currently got 25% off using SERVICE25 code. as e.g: SEAT Altea 1.9 2006 Bosch Battery S3 Battery 096 - 3 Year Guarantee Part Number: 444770965 SubTotal:£87.60 -25% Promo GRAND TOTAL (inc VAT)...
  19. Lewwy

where to get vagcom

I thinks its probably more than £50 to get your car scanned at a dealers now too
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.