Search results

1. P0171 & 0106

So my Altea 1.6 petrol 57 plate has begun idling a bit rough and doing that "hunting" thing where it will idle fine then start revving before falling off and occasionally stalling. There is no appreciable loss of power or fuel economy and it runs fine when driving. I've got no MAF sensor, only...
  2. Secondary air pump issue...

Many thanks. It's a 1.6 petrol. The pump seems OK, just won't switch off (well it does sometimes). I need to use the car really but it is not convenient to get it seen to right now. I only want to ensure it doesn't run the battery down between stops. No ideas about what might be causing it to...
  3. Secondary air pump issue...

Hello, I have a bit of a problem with the secondary air pump not switching off when the ignition is turned off and then running the battery flat. At first I could hear something running and thought it was the fan but having had a look it is definitely the secondary air pump. It has on occasion...
  4. Cooling fans not switching off...

I've got a bit of an issue with the cooling fans (I believe there are two) on my Altea 1.6 Reference Sport '57 plate, not switch off and running the battery dead. Started yesterday, wife said she could hear a noise from the car some while after she had got back home. Sure enough the smaller of...
  5. Warning lights and now won't start

It's been a long while but there is now an end to this story. Having sat on the drive for a year, there came a point where something really had to be done. In a last ditch attempt at getting it repaired, I took it to a local garage recommended for their service and because they do a lot of...
  6. Warning lights and now won't start

The outcome is that it is sitting on the drive while I decide what to do / can afford! The replacement part is 600 quid FFS! If / when I have some money I might try and get a refurbed unit and see if I can get that fitted. I really like the car and it is fine in all other ways (and I'd just...
  7. Warning lights and now won't start

The AA man couldn't fix it or tell exactly what the problem was so he towed in to the SEAT main dealer. 200 quid later they decided it was the ABS control unit (though they apparently discovered this by unplugging it and the car then started! So much for advanced diagnostics!), which was going...
  8. ABS control unit, how much?

Had my Altea taken in for fault finding, main dealer says it is ABS control unit. Cost to replace £908!!! That is all in, including labour VAT etc. Is this unreasonable (obviously it is, but in "main dealer" terms?), Thanks NICK Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Warning lights and now won't start

Hello, Hoping for a bit of insight but this quite involved so bear with me. Driving home this evening suddenly got a bunch of warning lights and beeping. The warning lights are ESP, Power steering (amber initially) and airbag. My wife was driving and after pulling over we restarted...
  10. Air Bag light....

Hi, I've got an airbag warning light but I'm pretty sure what the issue is but need some advice on how to proceed. Some while back I had to move the front passenger seat all the way back which caused the airbag warning light to come on. Apparently moving the seat back can cause the...
  11. Altea - how old is yours, how many miles and...

2008 1.6 Reference Sport 107,000 miles Cam belt replaced when we got it at 33,000 and again at 93,000 Had airbag sensor replaced on passenger side Steering bushes at about 90,000 miles Central locking on the rear doors is starting to play up a bit. Had break pads replaced at about 100,000...
  12. Brake / Side light issue...

I know it's bloody ridiculous. I'm sure the warning lights are there merely to scare people in to going to a dealer and getting skinned! Sent from my BiPhone using Twitatwat
  13. Brake / Side light issue...

What, not single reply? Helpful or otherwise? Oh well, never mind..... Went and had a look anyway. Couldn't honestly say there was any correction on the contacts, but I scrapped them with the end of a screwdriver and gently levered the connection up slightly to improve the contact and guess...
  14. Brake / Side light issue...

Hello Again! Hoping someone might have some ideas with a brake / side light issue I'm having. As usual I have done a search of the forum and found some similar posts but want to just check on some specifics before getting cold and wet trying to fix it! So, I've a 2008 Altea Reference Sport...
  15. Help needed....

Can anyone help with this?
  16. Help needed....

I know very similar topics have been discussed often but I can't quite find the answer to my particular issue. I've a '57 plate Altea and the other day the service indicator "spanner" came on flashing at start up, then went off after a while. In the past the spanner has come on with a...
  17. Key fob problems....

Thanks I'll give them a look....
  18. Key fob problems....

Three button. I could get one from a dealer but figured I'd save some if I could find a decente-bayer? Having said that, if the difference is minimal might as well get the genuine article...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members