Search results

1. randomage

2003 Seat Leon 110 TDi SE BAD MPG

I get between 450-500 miles on my commute, 45 mins each way, 15 dual carriageway (I wasn't doing 80 occifer, honest) and half an hour on single carriageway, between 40 & 60. If I go for a hoon, it drops to maybe 400. Never seen less than 400 miles from a tank.....
  2. randomage

Mileage Question

Bought mine with 107k, had new belt and new turbo fitted, belt needs doing every 75-80k so make sure thats done. Turbo is rarer to go but can need attention. Beyond that just make sure the gearbox is tight and sound, no nasty whines, leaks etc. 33k later and mine needs some attention on the...
  3. randomage

How to help your gearbox!!! Post 2003

52 plate tdi has an intermittent crunch in 3rd, other gears are fairly tough work... reckon I'll have a look at this when I have some time free
  4. randomage

Coolant temp sender popped out??

I had one pop out of nowhere a while back, had to bodge a makeshift clip to get me home, made up a metal one held in with cable ties now for peace of mind! mine was fitted on a dry day, with a cold engine, but you never know what can happen..
  5. randomage

LCR + Dog?

No problems fitting, had a german sheperd and a small lab in the back of mine, just be prepared for doggy nose marks on the window!!
  6. randomage

Are all Leon bonnets the same ?

Yes. :) P.S. I am by no means an expert, but I've not personally noticed any differences, and I'm a stickler for detail...
  7. randomage

Double din

Why not a Tab 3? I know they're a bit more pricey but it'll keep you more up to date for longer :)
  8. randomage

Butyl strip

8mm is fine, fits nicely :)
  9. randomage

Help needed with water on door sill

make sure it's a fully dry day, took me about 3 hours start to finish, it's a simple job with minimal tools required, but a bit fiddly (butyl strip is a pain in the fecking arse to get off anything once it's made contact)
  10. randomage

Key fob problem

As said, try the battery connections, see if they're all clean/not damaged in any way. on another note - have you tried looking at the connections to the actual button? I had a weird issue of the button breaking off from the rest of the circuit board - the solders gave out and the whole thing...
  11. randomage

Side light bulb change

Pliers are the winner, grab tight and lever them out gently, worked a treat for me :thumbup:
  12. randomage

Standard Headunit Connects2 Ipod Adapter

I had this problem when I got an mp3 adaptor for my old Aura unit. The company assumes you're replacing an existing CD changer, so don't give you every wire you need. **** move, I know... You need this...
  13. randomage

Tyre query

Technically, both. If you want a slightly firmer ride, with less flex in the sidewalls, go for XL. If you don't, don't. Apart from that, it's up to you :)
  14. randomage

how many miles has everybody done??

Yeah it is, already replaced it once and the damn thing died on me! Teach me to buy from ebay...
  15. randomage

how many miles has everybody done??

Had my 110 TDI since Jan '12, bought with 107.5k, and it passed 130k on monday afternoon, Got a photo somewhere... It's been more or less bulletproof, had a new alternator and some new tyres (does that count?). Apart from that I've got a bit of dodgy wiring so the temp guage doesn't work, and I...
  16. randomage

Oil Light issues

I've had the same issue with my tdi lump, oil light dipped just below the min, oil check light came on and stayed on stubborn as you like. New battery later on meant it reset itself, but it's come back on (130k on an old pre-pd lump tends to mean a little oil gets burnt, hence the need for my...
  17. randomage

Any Good advise?

110 TDI is pre-PD, mine is on 127k and still bulletproof! Every mechanic on noting the mileage goes 'just run in then'. Check for cambelt, meant to be done every 70k or so, and make sure the turbo is either replaced or properly serviced - mines had both done, 74k and 98k respectively. Beyond...
  18. randomage

Boost readings on the climate screen ????

It should light up as soon as the ignition is switched to live, and stay there!
  19. randomage

Heater control lighting

I know what you mean, theres a screw on either side of the centre console holding it in at the bottom, they have to come out before the surround will come out. HTH
  20. randomage

Heater control lighting

As said above it does come out, although it doesn't enjoy it! Start around the headunit and work up/down until the surround comes off easily enough/moves so you can access the sides of the heater controls, and just undo them and it *should* slide out easily.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.