Search results

1. staffordian

Ibiza spare wheel query

Wow, thanks for the comprehensive reply RUM4MO. Much appreciated!
  2. staffordian

Ibiza spare wheel query

I'm reluctantly selling my Ibiza MkV and am selling it with the original tyre inflation kit it came with. When I bought the car, I bought a steel spare and the foam container with jack, brace etc., which I'm going to sell on eBay to defray the cost of buying a spare for my new (non SEAT) car...
  3. staffordian

Car Service History

If I was looking to buy privately I would be just as happy to see non franchised receipts and proof of service history as a main dealer service history, I think it would only be an issue on a really prestigious make, like a Porsche, Ferrari etc. And although I'm not an expert, my limited...
  4. staffordian

Paint code query

Thanks for the link SaracenUK, I may well order one of those. I just thought that with the Halfords one, apart from being cheaper, I could get it today, but a few days wait won't make much difference.
  5. staffordian

Paint code query

The code for my silver 2012 Ibiza Copa 1.4 SE is LX7W. Halfords sell an Audi touch up kit for this paint code and I'm assuming it will be the same colour. However nothing I've Googled actually confirms it is. Does anyone know for sure? Thanks!
  6. staffordian

Second car problem !!

The plastic speaker cover is in situ in mine, but there is nothing behind them :( My guess is that the wiring is there, and the fade option is isolated in software, either within the radio, or in the cars "brain". So much can be changed by plugging the car into a PC, it wouldn't surprise...
  7. staffordian

Second car problem !!

I first realised that there were no speakers behind the rear grilles when I originally got the car and went to set up the sound how I preferred it. There is, of course, an option to set the L-R balance, but there simply isn't a fade option in the menu, so it's not possible to try to set the...
  8. staffordian

Second car problem !!

I've a 2012 5 door Copa and this doesn't have rear speakers. I think they removed them late 2011 / early 2012; just another "improvement" they make from time to time :( [:@]
  9. staffordian

Owner manual, English.

I couldn't find a downloadable manual for the Ibiza, but did find the Skoda Fabia manual was available from the Skoda website. Whilst there are obvious differences, many of the details and functions are the same as the two vehicles are built from the same parts bins...
  10. staffordian

Auto lights query

Mine are definitely not on all the time. Mine is a 12 reg and I think DRLs came in after this. I've been taking a closer look at this issue and it seems that if the headlights are off, then the bulb behind the word AUTO on the light switch illuminates. When the headlights are on, the bulb on...
  11. staffordian

Auto lights query

If that's true, at least you never need worry if you've got 'em on when it starts getting a bit foggy or whatever :)
  12. staffordian

Auto lights query

Cool, will have to look at that. I guess you are saying that there is no specific indication, just a matter of judging the brightness of the illumination of the dials? Thanks!
  13. staffordian

Auto lights query

I'm reluctant to leave the lights in the Auto position, because as far as I can see, there is no in-car indication as to the status of the lights, ie whether they are off, sidelights on or headlights on. When conditions are dull, wet or just starting to go dark, it's not always possible to...
  14. staffordian

Cambelt?

I've just found this link on the SEAT website which suggests a specific mileage (depending on model) or four years, which yours is :-( http://www.seat.co.uk/content/uk/brand/en/services-and-accessories/maintenance/cambelt-change.html
  15. staffordian

Cambelt?

Most service items are either time or distance specific, so low mileage drivers will hit the time intervals specified for replacement whereas high mileage drivers will get there earlier by virtue of distance driven, so the garage could well be right. Your service book should tell you what the...
  16. staffordian

AC Smell

Yep, I've noticed this too, but it seems a bit intermittent, or perhaps I just don't always notice it... 2012 mk5 1.4 petrol
  17. staffordian

Owners manual PDF ?

Thanks DEAN0, I do have the hard copy, it's just sometimes useful to have an electronic version handy for quick reference, to save getting the book from the car. And useful if you want to copy something here.
  18. staffordian

Owners manual PDF ?

I looked in vain, so would be interested if anyone found a PDF version. I downloaded the Fabia manual called A05_Fabia_OwnersManual from the Skoda site. Most stuff is the same, so better than nothing.
  19. staffordian

Intermittent wipers

If they are the auto wipers, did you realise that the slider on the wiper arm (that you would expect to control the wipe interval) controls the sensitivity of the sensor? Try sliding it across and leaving the wipers on the first (auto/intermittent) setting and see if the wipers start earlier...
  20. staffordian

I need spare wheel, alloy + tyre or space saver?

If you can get a 17" steel wheel, then your existing tyre will obviously fit ok, but don't worry if you can only find say a 16". Using a higher profile tyre should enable a relatively similar rolling diameter to be achieved. I have 16" alloys with 215/45 tyres, and bought a 15" steel wheel...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.