Search results

1. 2004 ALTEA - broken tailgate release ?

Followed these instructions and now the boot lid opens better than it ever has done in our ownership. Many thanks.
  2. Altea 1.9tdi knock from NSF suspension

Top mount of the strut. Identical problem on ours. Drove me crackers for ages. Had it back and forth to the garage (who I trust) who couldn’t find anything until he suggested to try and replace it. Solved it immediately.
  3. metalic rattle

We had something similar on the front off-side wheel. It was the top of the coil spring (about 3 inches long) that had broken away and was caught in the cup where the spring sits in the suspension assembly. Couldn't tell by the way it was driving, that anything was wrong with the car.
  4. Installing RCD310

Thanks. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for something like these.
  5. Installing RCD310

Very nice, but a bit out of my price range. Thanks for the input though.
  6. Installing RCD310

I've decided against the RCD310. Tried to wire it in and it does need the wire to the safe pin, which is missing from my quadblock. No power at all to the HU. I have also heard of the battery drain issue that could possibly affect my car. A friend has put it into his 2007 passat and it works...
  7. Installing RCD310

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to order the surround through Dave@Sere, but he's away until the 21 Aug. I've had a look at the wiring and the quadlock is missing a wire to the safe pin. Can I just take 12v feed from another pin to it, if so, which one? Thanks again.
  8. Installing RCD310

I've just bought a RCD310 HU to replace a temperamental Altea original HU (turns itself on during the night). I thought it would be a matter of just plug and play, but I've heard there could be gateway issues that might affect the use of this HU in my 2005 car (battery drain). Could anyone...
  9. Rattling drivers door internals.

Can anyone help with where this clip has come away from? Any help/diagrams would be really appreciated. Neil