Search results

1. Driver side wiper not working

Thanks Legojon Now I have the wiring diagram I can do a bit more digging, appreciate it!!
  2. Driver side wiper not working

Hello, Drivers side wiper is not working on my 2008 FR, when plugged in the is error 00154, work carried out below: Replaced motor drivers side - Did not resolve the problem Replaced motor passenger side - Did not resolve the problem Replaced the trigger cable from driver's side (master) to...
  3. 08 PD170 car battery, should I replace??

Hi Glanza V!! Thanks for the reply did not know about CCA at all, everyday is a school day! Will look at the battery code in the Leon and cross reference this as you suggest. Cheers
  4. 08 PD170 car battery, should I replace??

My 2008 PD170 (68k miles) has the same battery in it from new and coming into winter I feel that it is starting to get a bit sluggish when turning over to start even though it starts no problem. Do you very knowledgeable folks think it would be time to replace this battery? If so is there...
  5. Seat Leon fr nightmare help I'm going mad

Am in a similar situation but my 08 FR is only out of the garage after major service including timing belt was perfect going in now its smoking away on tickover like yours its remapped and dpf deleted http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=394841 Am thinking its something to do with...
  6. PD170 timing belt done @ 60k now some smoke when cold?

Thanks lads. Am not sure who even did the map as it was on the car when I bought it. Yes the injectors were replaced approx 2 years ago. Suppose I need to get the timing checked which I need VAG COM for.. Am thinking of removing the current map and replacing it as it but it was fine before...
  7. PD170 timing belt done @ 60k now some smoke when cold?

Folks Car is 08 FR which is mapped and dpf deleted. Had a major service last week timing belt kit, water pump, fuel filter, oil done too and brake fluid changed. Now the car takes few turns to start and is lumpy with some blue smoke for a few seconds before it was on the button with small bit...
  8. Is 4L Catrol Edge enough for service of Leon PD 170?

Thanks MJ Yeah can get another litre alright Cheers
  9. Is 4L Catrol Edge enough for service of Leon PD 170?

Rang the local car parts and they say Castrol Edge 5w30 only comes in 4L containers. How much oil do I need for a service, thought i heard 4.4L before? Thanks folks
  10. Flapping noise from dash board.

Have the same noise for years when the fan is on, dont think it will fail but it can be annoying alright!
  11. Passenger Door Unlock problems

Have the same problem driver side passenger door only will not open via key fob.. Door will only open via inside handle and it is annoying really.
  12. 08 FR170 Sportlines to KW Varient 1 coilovers..improvement or not?

Lads, Going to get a new set of KW Varient 1 coilovers and with sportlines on standard shocks at the minute am just not happy with the rear sitting up a bit..suppose am just looking for an excuse to get new coilovers! Am sure many of you knowledgeable folks have made this change am wondering...
  13. PD170 MPG dropped from 48mpg to 44mpg??

kennedyuk2001..For a mixture of town/country spirited driving approx 48.0 mpg was ok with DPF Delete and stage 1, suppose I was happy with that but now its at 44.0mpg it aint great. Certainly when its driven easy its 50+ but its hard to drive it this way! Am just hoping it does not get any...
  14. PD170 MPG dropped from 48mpg to 44mpg??

Thanks for all the information lads, so it looks like a combination of cold weather and dark nights coupled with winter fuel. Will be interesting to see how the MPG improves next year when the good weather comes back!!
  15. PD170 MPG dropped from 48mpg to 44mpg??

Hi Matt, Thanks for reply I did read that alright when researching and maybe this is the reason its just I did not notice it last year and I look at the MPG regular... Cheers, Simon
  16. PD170 MPG dropped from 48mpg to 44mpg??

Lads, My fuel economy seems to have dropped off from 48.1mpg (over 2450miles) to 44.3mpg (over 1870miles). Dont understand why this would happen as the driving conditions have not changed. The car is due a service in approx 700miles maybe this is something to do with it? Always keep an eye on...
  17. DPF Delete & Remap done...now for EGR Delete???

Thanks AndrewJB will have a look today
  18. DPF Delete & Remap done...now for EGR Delete???

Lads, Had DPF Delete done and remap, love it, my PD170 FR 08 is flying now, great job. Have one small prob: Between 1500 - 2000 rpm when the car is warming up only and for the first 6 - 7 miles in 2nd or 3rd gear the car is sometimes hesitant. There seems to be a bit of a flat spot but...
  19. Is it safe to drive 70miles in limp mode??

Yes drove the 80 miles and it was hellish in parts! At least the traffic slowed for about 40mins which suited me. But the journey back from the garage with 200+bhp and no DPF compared to limp mode on the way up the road was savage, car is flying now am happy again :rofl:
  20. Is it safe to drive 70miles in limp mode??

Need to get the car to the garage tomorrow morring. The question is will I drive it the 70 odd miles in limp mode or pay €180 to get it delivered by recovery truck? Would prefer to drive it to save money but don't want to sweat the whole 70 miles waiting on it to break down and maybe costing...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise