Search results

1. ayacoub92

Needing a new front shock absorber for my 2011 Bocanegra

also could anyone tell me if the front shocks from a mk4 would fit the mk5?
  2. ayacoub92

Needing a new front shock absorber for my 2011 Bocanegra

as above, my passenger side shock is busted and I need to replace it. It's like driving around with wheels made of stone right now lol. does anyone know where i can find one and how much i should have to pay? seen one on eurocarparts for £69.00. also, are all absorbers for the 6j the...
  3. ayacoub92

Adam's Bocanegra UPDATE 23/07/13 Damaged Bumper Resolution and 2nd Service

Well, as usual it has been a long while since I updated this thread. Came home from Ibiza to a fixed rear diffuser: As you can see in the pic, the tailpipe was extended slightly. I'm not overly happy with the visible weld, but at least its fixed and won't happen again. The car then...
  4. ayacoub92

Exhaust

my exhaust is a 2.5 inch custom job. hi flow sports cat and larger down pipe. sounds fantastic! you simply don't need an exhaust bigger then 2.5 inches with these cars...the turbo is tiny
  5. ayacoub92

Knocking noise from H&R springs

I know I said initially I didn't notice any difference in comfort, but with time they certainly feel a lot stiffer
  6. ayacoub92

Knocking noise from H&R springs

Agree entirely, it's a very stiff ride with the H&R'S, I get a lot of complaints off my passengers lol. Even going over a reasonably small pothole can cause quite a judder. Recently I've been thinking about selling them and going for a set of coilovers as I would like the car to be more...
  7. ayacoub92

So.... Was washing my car a couple of weeks ago and came across this :(: The exhaust system has been on the car for around 2-3 months, so I found it really strange that it happened now....to be fair I was whoring it along a private road (:whistle:) one night at 100 plus so I'm assuming...
  8. ayacoub92

HELP! Rear diffuser melted!

the exit is bang on centre. it may be that it isn't protruding enough. either way i'm going to need a full new rear valance. have sent an e-mail off to the company that built my exhaust...hopefully can come to some sort of arrangement.
  9. ayacoub92

HELP! Rear diffuser melted!

Was just out cleaning my car there and got a nasty surprise: looks absolutely hideous i know :( it's strange that its taken this long for it to do this, as i've had the catback system for a few months now. i'm unsure whether its a combination of the hot weather we've been having...
  10. ayacoub92

Few updates to report... Was my 21st birthday last week, unfortunately I spent it offshore... Anyway, I arrived home to a nice wee present :D Chuffed with it, much better than the old plate! I also had a go at wrapping the front fog lights in yellow, but i'm not sure if i like...
  11. ayacoub92

Wheel alignment rough cost?

cheers, might pop in tomorrow, live in bantaskin so its only just down the road.
  12. ayacoub92

Advice with mods and places to get parts

i'm not sure the forge induction will fit the 1.2tsi? it's designed for the 1.4tsi. also don't think that milltek do an exhaust for the 1.2tsi (yet) would be better off getting a custom one made up in my opinion.
  13. ayacoub92

cheers mate! that's around what i thought i'd have to pay...good to have it confirmed.
  14. ayacoub92

Polo VS Ibiza

I think your better option would be a high spec FR. like you said you're not after a fast car, and the 1.2tsi is a very capable and reliable little engine...with good gains from a stage 1 map. I personally think they're a lot better looking than the Polo's, and I really don't think its worth...
  15. ayacoub92

Since I've lowered my car on H&R springs I've noticed some uneven tyre wear on the fronts. Driven the recommended 500-600 miles on the springs to let them settle in, so I'm now looking at getting the wheels aligned, and was just wondering how much I should be expected to pay roughly? Seen...
  16. ayacoub92

Found my old 1.8t FR!

I traded the car in to Western SEAT Edinburgh. I assume it must've went to auction and maybe didn't sell for a few months there. The calder company is only about 15 miles from where I live haha! It really was a fantastic car to drive!
  17. ayacoub92

Found my old 1.8t FR!

Not sure if I'll be allowed this thread or not, but I found my old FR for sale, and thought I should share it for anyone looking for a decent example. Really miss it :( although I love my boc, my FR had something that made me smile. traded it in in December 2012, with 64k on it, so i'm...
  18. ayacoub92

My new Ibiza 1.4TSI FR

very clean looking! haven't seen many silver ibizas. mind and keep an eye on your oil ;) go orange for your calipers...goes really nice against that colour of wheels :)
  19. ayacoub92

really like your engine bay btw, it was yours that made me want mines dipped!
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.