Search results

1. New or recon turbo?

I rang Turbo Technics and they were very helpful. However, their prices were a bit on the steep side. What experience have you had with Turbo Development? I am tempted to go down this route as it will Save in the wait but I will have to buy the gaskets/oil feed separately and find a decent...
  2. New or recon turbo?

What have you had done at Darkside? Personally, I am leaning towards the 130 turbo as I have no desire to modify it any further for more power. The quoted 170bhp and performance is ample for me. Think I will settle and get it booked in soon although I know that their workshop is currently...
  3. New or recon turbo?

Right...got a response from Darkside Development. They have quoted me £960 (inc VAT) for supplying a Garret GT1749VA turbo, which is a direct replacement, and fitting with all the ancillaries (oil feed pipe, oil, oil filter and gaskets). Or... I can get the GT1749VB, which is the bolt on...
  4. New or recon turbo?

Cheers! I've sent off an enquiry!! Waiting for response from Darkside Development and Derv Docters too.
  5. New or recon turbo?

Anybody else?
  6. New or recon turbo?

Yeah, I am leaning towards new too. Awesome have quoted £1104 for a new turbo (they said that it will be a new turbo anyway' new oil feed pipe and oil change too. AMD have quoted close to £1400 for the same thing. Spoken to Turbo Technics but didn't get a full quote but am still trawling the...
  7. New or recon turbo?

Anyone?
  8. New or recon turbo?

Hello, I have a TDi 130 and the siren noise from the turbo is still present and Awesome advised a replacement. What do you guys recommend? A brand new turbo or recon turbo? Anyone had a new/recon turbo fitted recently and can recommend a reliable place to get it done? Finally, what kind of...
  9. Whooshing/whistling/siren noise

Thanks for the response. Can anyone shed anymore light on this?
  10. Whooshing/whistling/siren noise

Hello, I've searched high and low for an answer for my current dilemma. However, I can't find something related so thought I'd ask. The issue I have happens when the engine is cold or warmed up. When I accelerate, there is a whooshing/whistling/police siren sort of noise. This happens as I...
  11. Engine oil

The 5w-30 is (as marked on the receipt) is VW504/507, and the oil I have is marked as 502.00, 505.00 and 505.01. For reference my car is a PD130.
  12. Engine oil

Just a quick question guys and gals - when I had my car serviced, they filled the car with 5w-30, but I have some 5w-40 at home and thought that if I check the engine oil level, and I needed to top up, will it be a good idea to mix the 3w-50 with the 5w-40? Thanks in advance.
  13. LCR power steering rack

Many thanks for the offer but with a wedding to pay for, fiancee will kill me if I spend it elsewhere!
  14. LCR power steering rack

What are the benefits (if any) of a quicker rack? Is it interchangeable between the 1M models?
  15. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Just ordered the parts recommended on Page 33, so will update the thread once I receive the goodies and manage a crack at sorting out the leaking door problem.
  16. Knocking noise when starting and decelerating

Popped over to AMD earlier, and indeed, as some of you mentioned, it was the dogbone mount. Since having it fitted, it had managed to work its way loose, so AMD applied some loctite and screwed it back on. Hopefully, this will sort out the problem! Many thanks for all the help!
  17. Knocking noise when starting and decelerating

Two garages I have gone to have said the exhaust is fine. Perhaps I can get a third opinion.
  18. Knocking noise when starting and decelerating

Garage had a look but could not identify where the noise is coming from, so I'm at a loss as to what the problem could be. Short of taking it apart and analysing every component, I don't know what to do? Can anybody help? If it helps, it doesn't happen once I'm up and running and the car is...
  19. Knocking noise when starting and decelerating

It only happens when I ease off the accelerator pedal or when I start the car. Might get another garage to have a look at it on Wednesday. Anybody else is welcomed with their opinion.
  20. Knocking noise when starting and decelerating

One garage I went to said that it might have been that. However, when they had a look, they said that it looked ok? I had it fitted by AMD back in May/June. If it is indeed this, I will it back and let them have a look at it. Anybody else with a different diagnosis?
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members