Search results

1. Interior Trim

Take out the rear bench first (makes it much easier) then the side pannel work from bottom of the B piller up and along (in retrospect) the B piller, cover, then parcel support and the rear piller cover. Order you dynamat early in advance because you only want to do this once. Unless you have...
  2. Interior Trim

B pillers are just screwed on, you have to remove the rear side liner first and you are prone to break some of the plugs that hold it on. Boot pillars are easy peasy..........once you romove all the other bits to get to them. Ie parcel shelf supports. Can't say Ive seen a guide yet. Care...
  3. Questions from a possible soon-to-be Ibiza owner

Congrats Loonymoon, Ibiza is a nice car all said and done, sure has lots of character,lol. After all, for one reason or another we all bought one. Despite all the problems people have and post about, its a nippy nice car. Congrats, sure u will love it.
  4. Jinxed at the moment

Ant JINXED must be going around, Just failed my first MOT 3 days out of Warranty. Seat belt broken, went in for the repair then failed a tyre. Had it back, drove one day and a front spring broke.....and is on back order !!! look on the bright side your car is in warranty and can be...
  5. First couple of mods sorted ( Dark Cupra Wheels)

Looking good, nice job !
  6. Power steering light

Had the same sympton on mine a while back. Turned out to be water ingress in the power steering hydralic pump. The really annoying thing is it doesn't log any faults so the dealer has to just believe you and keep looking. Took about a year to trace! No problems since. Other people have had...
  7. B-Pillar Removal

For the B piller cover U will need to unbolt the seat belt to completely extract it,,,,, but surely u'll only need it off temporaraly till the headliner is changed? My B piller has an anoying rattle........sure its part of the seatbelt mechanism.
  8. N75 or Turbo Vanes

I don't mean to unset you, but as I previously said, this is almost exactly the fault I had, And it took 11 months to sort. And yes in the end a new turbo. :( Seat seemed very reluctant to admit this may be a group fault; but finally did on mine. If you are out of warranty, and need the...
  9. Roof Bars

I have the ibiza specific bars..........and there....crap. Quite definately not usable on the focus, the bars are not very long. Also the pins that locate on the front ones are a pain to fit on ure own without scratching the paint.
  10. N75 or Turbo Vanes

maxcars1: So what was the outcome here Angus? First of all seat refused to acknowledge a turbo issue. Then after running out of options told the dealer to strip and rebuild the turbo. The garage decided just to replace it. There has been no fault since, however think I got used to it...
  11. N75 or Turbo Vanes

sounds exactly what my car was like (for the 11 months it took to fault find). except mine is standard http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61246&highlight=turbo+fault
  12. Car wont start! help

Does the car run normaly once bumped? Until I read that u bumped it I was thinking it might be the imobiliser / electronic key recognition. But then again wouldn't that log on diagnostic? Don't let it get U down, some of the fine folk on here will spot the problem. Sounds like ure dealer is a...
  13. Gearbox vibration

Can't say I do, :) Althought I do drive a lot of windy roads so am constantly changeing gear. :drive1: Think I did see a warning about resting ure hand on the stick but have always been schooled that it was a bad thing so avoid it. U cant really rest ure hand on the stick with...
  14. Gearbox vibration

Any one have any thoughts / experience of this: On starting the car some mornings I get heavy resonance through the gear stick. Its not in gear, sitting in the normal neutral position. If I flick the stick either right or left still in neutral it eventually goes away after 2-3 tries. This...
  15. Power steering warning light!

I wouldn't worry muddyboots. If u don't have the light....lucky u. The annoying thing about this type of fault was it didn't log an error. SO U went to complain (under warranty) and from their perspective the car is normal. If it happens my advice is to get to ure garage (where possible)...
  16. cupra alloys

When u decide on ure price let me know, might be interested. Don't think there are many rolling on 18's. try the link below. http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69345&highlight=inch Welcome to the forum, nice choice of car... :drool:
  17. Power steering warning light!

water getting into the connectors was the final diagnosis for my car. New pump and sorted :D I believe seat tech have a known issue with the steering bellows ? It wasn't the fault on mine but could mean they will look at it under warranty for u?
  18. Power steering warning light!

Mine tended to only do it on cold wet starts. Steering never failed completely though.... :runaway:
  19. Power steering warning light!

This was a problem I had with mine. When checked for fault codes the service dealer can't find any fault as its reset at the time of restarting. My fault went on for some time before I got it sorted. Towards the end the steering got rather light as if too much assistance. In the end it was...
  20. Ibiza Side Light Bulbs

as a last resort U can get at the clip from the inside if u take off the interior trim and peal back the carpet. A pair of needle nosed pliers pinching the clip helps it come off with ease.... but u do have a fair bit of plastic trim to remove first!! Mine was a stubborn B***h to free. U'll...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.