Search results

1. Leon FR 2.0TDI Issues- Glow plug and engine management light

Changed the turbo actuator boost sensor on Saturday, has fixed all the issues now :) £150 for the new part and fitted myself with relative ease, could have been alot more expensive if it ended up being the egr! Mines coming up to 80k now so I'll probably remove the valve and have a look if it's...
  2. Leon FR 2.0TDI Issues- Glow plug and engine management light

I've been looking at the engine today and im pretty sure it is on the front of the engine anyway. I checked the vaccum on the turbo boost position sensor and it was very poor so im suspecting that's at fault, I will order one and attempt changing it next weekend.
  3. Leon FR 2.0TDI Issues- Glow plug and engine management light

Oh right, I was led to believe that the egr valve was on the back of the block on the 2.0 common rail engine? If that's the case I'll have it off tomorrow and have a look at it, don't suppose anyone has a picture of its location on the CR engine?
  4. Leon FR 2.0TDI Issues- Glow plug and engine management light

Ouch. Mines 59 plate leon, coming up to 77k miles. Been doing some research going to have a look at the turbo boost actuator tomorrow, check the vaccum on it to see if the diapraghm is split, as thats cheaper to replace and relatively easy to get to! (compared to egr valve!)
  5. Leon FR 2.0TDI Issues- Glow plug and engine management light

Hi, bit of an old thread I know, but mine has just started having exactley the same problems even down to noticing the fans running longer later. So seat replaced the egr valve and you've had no trouble since? Cheers.
  6. Adamski's Mk2 Leon FR CR Lumina Orange

Cheers, ok i may have a go at doing grill aswell although wheels are the priority this weekend :) Also fitted my Phillips extreme vision bulbs after lowering it, this for some reason cleared the bulb error message i was getting! :confused: I may need to adjust my headlights, they seem very low...
  7. Adamski's Mk2 Leon FR CR Lumina Orange

Finally got my sportlines fitted! Just had the wheel alignment done today along with two new tyres at the rear. What a pain in the arse the fronts are! The first side took me the best part of three hours, the second side took me 30 minutes :lol: I couldn't believe how easy the rears were...
  8. Adamski's Mk2 Leon FR CR Lumina Orange

So I attempted to fit my sportlines this weekend but was a massive failure! Could'nt remove the axle bolts, had a 4ft bar on my breaker bar and it just bent! Going to have another go next weekend without removing the axle bolts. So instead this weekend I did some plasti dipping, I've done my...
  9. Rich's Candy White FR 170 And Build Thread - Update - New wheels and more!

car looks great mate, love the wheels :)
  10. Fitting lowering springs

I actually tried this method myself but struggled to get enough room to get two sets of spring compressors in. I've actually seen someone compress the strut before by jacking the hub then wrapping like 100 tie wraps round the compressed spring!! Incredibly dangerous but i think it actually...
  11. Fitting lowering springs

Serviced by seat mate? How much did they charge? Also did yiu have the alignment done at the same time?
  12. Fitting lowering springs

I may have to pay to get mine done then, been going at it for half an hours and they won't budge. I'm using the longest bar ive got! Theres no way of change the springs without removing the axle bolt? Cheers
  13. Fitting lowering springs

Having trouble getting the axle bolt loose, had a 4 ft bar on them and the bar is bending! Are they reverse thread or normal thread?
  14. Adamski's Mk2 Leon FR CR Lumina Orange

It's good stuff isn't it! Even though i knew what to expect i was still amazed how it peels off and leaves the badges painted haha. I'll be ordering some more cans and doing my wheels in the future. I went for pagid discs and pads, i looked at a drilled set on ebay but decided against it as...
  15. Adamski's Mk2 Leon FR CR Lumina Orange

Quick update, changed my discs and pads all round, nowhere near as bad a job as i was expecting, pretty straight forward when you know what you're doing! Also couple of new tyres up front. Also ordered a set of eibach sportlines, £115 delivered from Germany :) sat in my boot awaiting...
  16. GUIDE: Mk2 Leon Brakes - Info, Upgrades, and Maintanance.

Just done my rears on my mk2 facelift fr and just wanted to clarify some details as i struggled to find it when i was looking for it. First of all the rear disc size is 255 on the facelift leon FR. Also I bought the m14 multispline tool for the carriers which is the right size, but you don't...
  17. Adamski's Mk2 Leon FR CR Lumina Orange

Love the wheels on your car, what colour are they?
  18. Adamski's Mk2 Leon FR CR Lumina Orange

Do you think? I've never really been a fan of the FL 18's, and they are a pain to clean! Maybe i'll do another photoshop with the standard wheels in gunmetal see how that looks:shrug:
  19. Hi from the Midlands

Sounds nice, welcome to the forum!
  20. Hello from Cambridgeshire.

Welcome to the forum! Common things to look out for mk2 I would say are the rear wheel alignment needing adjusting, so looking for uneven wear on the rear wheels and if its worn badly will sound like a wheel bearing gone. Also things like mouldy bonnet insulation.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.