Search results

1. R32 vs LCR Brembo vs Porsche 6 pot Brembo ?

And how much does the porsche set up cost in relation to the LCR set up? Overkill I would say. The LCR brembo set up will be perfectly adequate. If you've got the money and you want to spend it then go for it though.
  2. R32 vs LCR Brembo vs Porsche 6 pot Brembo ?

LCR set up is bloody good. Mine stops like it's hit a wall.
  3. Possible Engine Swap

I can see the attraction of a lovely VR6 engine in a Mk1 Leon. If you already have the engine thats saved a fair chunk of money already. Engine character is the one thing thats missing from my LCR without doubt. Stick the VR lump in and then supercharge it. That would be a nice unusual car.
  4. MOT Tomorrow

Apparently you haven't given her any very good days then mate! :D The old "took the cat off and put it back on Sir" eh?! lol. I don't think so!
  5. Tuning Help???

Ooh, and unless you've had the car for a while but have just brought it with you to type at the computer, its just BOUGHT an LC rather than just BROUGHT one :) There's, theirs, etc etc lol
  6. Tuning Help???

Would it not be cheaper to start off with an LCR with prices as they are at the moment? Prices of cars are very low and coming down quickly, but prices of tuning bits are staying the same. I guess if you've got a free K04 it maybe best your way. Again, this makes perfectly good sense...
  7. could someone explain.....

Not my point mate. Yes torque CAN be at any point in the rev range, BUT my point was.... Power = torque x revs So to be powerful at low revs, the engine has to be a torquey engine. Otherwise, low revs x low torque = low power = slow at low revs. It makes sense, I'm just not one...
  8. should i buy this??

Really cheap! LCR for 2200 I saw recently.
  9. could someone explain.....

So that is why torquey engines will pull well at low revs then?
  10. Play in top mount

Sorted :) Mine was so loose once it totally chewed a tyre up against the coilover! Oops
  11. LCR pops and bangs..

Nope. I dont get any with mine mate.
  12. Play in top mount

As already said check the hub nut. Mine was a 1/4 of a turn loose last week and I had a knocking, and rubbing/screaching sound, steering wobble etc. Amazing what one nut can do!
  13. Backdraft Motorsport reputation

Lol :) No thanks mate, it fills my time up nicely now I'm an old coffin dodger :)
  14. Backdraft Motorsport reputation

Comic? :) Are we talking Jack Dee or Batman stories?
  15. Backdraft Motorsport reputation

How about getting your LCR mapped, enjoying it, and having 4 grand in your bin for something in the future? Seriously, 4 or 5 grand to get 320 or so bhp, when you could get 280 or so for a fraction of the cost. I realise it's not quite that simple but you get my meaning...... On todays...
  16. what and for what is this????

They help you keep the car on the road when you've had too many dutch cigarettes.
  17. Petrol light on

Ah but the RISK is the fun bit mate! Motorways are best for added anxiety!
  18. Petrol light on

Easy 33 miles. I did 50 miles in my alfa GTA once after it said 0 miles. Don't you play the petrol station game you lot?
  19. lowering

Lowering springs on standard dampers are generally worse than coilovers for grounding out the splitter etc, as coilies are stiffer overall and don't allow as much pitching etc. Mine is way lower than yours and I've not lost a splitter yet. It is a bit scratched up now though!
  20. lowering

I can't take my LCR into town as it just won't get into or out of any of the carparks :( Have to take the Mrs's shite bag fiesta now :( Looks cool though [B)] (the LCR, not the fiesta!)
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.