Search results

1. decadent

Comfort Control Module - cause a no start?

Forgot to update this. There was a broken wire between the clutch switches causing the no start. Running good as gold since.
  2. decadent

MPG Help

I get a little better than you on a cr170 Exeo which has a less efficient 6th gear. I usually cruise at around 70 though - circa 55mpg on the long run we do to Wales (250 miles). When going around town/b roads I get between 43-47. If solely town I don't get much but its a heavy car- 30 or...
  3. decadent

Comfort Control Module - cause a no start?

Hi, Had a mechanic looking at my car as it won't start. The fault code is P1723 - starter interlock. He traced all the electrics and got it to start by going from battery to starter with ignition. He reckons but can't be sure that it is the comfort control module 3R0907279 I thought this...
  4. decadent

No Start "Push clutch to start" issue

The clutch switch for the exeo is next to the brake switch. They are operated off of an arm on the pedals. I'm not aware of any on the hydraulics but there might well be - where abouts is it on your S4? Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  5. decadent

Cheers. You might be right on the fitting of the switch I just pushed it in and turned 45 degrees to lock it. I've read now the pedal needs to be pressed and slowly lifted up. Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  6. decadent

Hi, I had my first breakdown in 7 years of ownership the other day. The car is refusing to start when the clutch is pressed - it just says press the clutch on the info display even though the clutch is pressed. The AA chap got it going by pressing the clutch multiple times and turning the key...
  7. decadent

exeo TDI rear exhaust box

I know this was a while ago now but Karmann what was left under the skin? I've heard it is a stainless steel metal. Mine is now beginning to go. Cheers Matt
  8. decadent

ST gearbox change and ECU Coding

Interesting topic. I have a 170 Exeo and I assume a close ratio box (iirc revs are circa 2.2k at 70mph). I find first gear quite short - when pulling away at traffic lights,normal driving with mechanical sympathy, I find other cars around me pulling away quicker but as soon as I select second I...
  9. decadent

OBDEleven

I have one however the B7 doesn't have many adaptations so a cheaper OBDII reader (I have a 12 quid jobby as well) does the same sort of stuff.
  10. decadent

Reading oil temperature

Looks a pretty nifty bit of kit that. Sadly I don't fancy taking my tacho out to fit it :(
  11. decadent

Exeo's in the UK

Parts are still available generally but watch for Exeo specific parts such as headlights, bumpers as these are either very expensive or not made anymore. I was surprised at the link - less 400 in my model registered. That makes it rarer than my other car which i thought was already rare - a...
  12. decadent

Rust spot

Thanks guys. I should take a photo. I think there is stonechip damage as there is a crater in the middle. I've had the car since it was almost new so probs not filler however can't discount that of course!
  13. decadent

Rust spot

Hey all, Cleaning my Exeo yesterday and noticed I've got a rust spot forming under the paint. It's located on the bottom section of the door, under the painted rubber strip behind the front wheel. It was probably caused by a stone chip that I didn't notice that has now gone bad. Has anyone...
  14. decadent

Retrofits - Heated Seats and Washers

Thanks Jay, yeah please do send me a wiring diagram for the washers :) Cheers Matt
  15. decadent

Retrofits - Heated Seats and Washers

Hey, Sorry if you came here thinking I had done this. Given the cold weather it got me thinking, would it possible to retro fit these to my Exeo? In an ideal world me seats would already have the headed elements within them and I would just need a loom and new fascia panel for the dash. If...
  16. decadent

Exeo values

Yep as others have said - diesel, emissions scandal & the Exeo was never that popular in the first place. Like you I've monitored my cars value (same car as yours except a 2013 with 48k on it) using WBAC and it's dropped from 10k in December last year to around 6k a couple of months ago. I've...
  17. decadent

Wheel Inspiration Needed

Which ones did you go for out of interest? Any pics :) I've been looking out for some 16s for the winter months. I may leave them on year round too just to get a bit more comfort - not that it's terrible as is compared to rock hard leon FR (mk2) I had before it. I quite like the exeo...
  18. decadent

are you worried about value of your car

Slightly but compared to other VAG cars (and other makes) my Exeo was pretty good value when I purchased it in 2014 so it doesn't have as far to drop compared to other affect TDi's. In fact the only other cars for the same age and mileage at the time were bogo spec megane/astra estates - 1.4...
  19. decadent

highest mileage

2013 ST sport tech 170 46000 Emissions fix not done and engine standard No issues to date Owned since 6 months old/3k on the odo.
  20. decadent

Help with head unit replacement

I use a Tune2Air adapter to play over bluetooth - the RNS sees it as a CD player. It's far from perfect (no track names) but does stream.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.