Search results

1. 280 recommended tyres + rear end twitch on heavy braking

Hmm never thought of that! Sounds like a possibility. Thanks for the advice
  2. 280 recommended tyres + rear end twitch on heavy braking

Thanks guys :) much appreciated. Where do people get their tyres from? cheapest I've seen the mpss is about £150. Are they any good in the wet?
  3. 280 recommended tyres + rear end twitch on heavy braking

Hi guys, searched through threads with very different answers. I got my 280 In June as an ex demo model which come with most optional extras. It come with Bridgestone RE050A tyres on 19" wheels. I've done 6500 miles and a few laps of the Nurburgring and drove some awesome driving roads in Europe...
  4. MK4 Ibiza - What Alloy Wheels Fit Archive!

Alright guys, Looking for new wheels for my Cupra TDI but I've upgraded the brakes from the AP racing calipers to the Cupra R Brembos which are bigger. My current Cupra wheels clear them (just) but want to double check with the pros to make sure the wheels im after will clear them with too...
  5. Help :(

Cheers bud. Hope it's not
  6. Help :(

Hope it's something as simple as that. Some people have said it could be a turbo or head gasket
  7. Help :(

Hi Guys, I have an 05 plate cupra tdi running hybrid turbo and mapped to 224bhp and 360ft/lb. Lately my car has dropped mpg from 40+ to around 30-35, haven't gave the car a good run out for a while and last night I decided to have a bit frisk with someone. Upon slowing down to a stand...
  8. MK4 Brake Upgrades

Alright guys, I've got an 05 Ibiza cupra tdi and I need a replacement caliper for the drivers side and the bleed nipple has snapped in the caliper. I've been looking at potentially down grading to the 312mm TT caliper etc. I was just wondering if anyone can help me, I've found a set of RS3 4...
  9. turbo problem

Mine does this, apparently its a boost leak and the engine goes into limp mode?
  10. Hybrid advice

Mine's got a hybrid and its made more power than my friends bora with a Q7 big turbo on. It boosts from start to finish, you're pinned in your seat
  11. Dealer damaged my car

Cheers guys. Think i'll learn for next time like!
  12. Auto Electrician?

Cheers Maundy, I'll try this weekend. Is the knuckle on the inside of the car?
  13. Dealer damaged my car

Thanks for that marty, i had to take a few deep breaths before going in to speak with the manager. Thing is my car is onvi yellow and was pretty badly faded when i got it. I've tried my best to get the colour back up to scratch. If it goes in the body shop to get the roof sprayed, surely no...
  14. Dealer damaged my car

Alright guys, Basically i put my car in the local Vauxhall Dealers as they had an offer for £19 for a full air con re-gas and service. When i picked the car up it was raining and not until a few hours after i got home and the car dried, i noticed there was lacquer peel on the roof of the...
  15. Auto Electrician?

No code showing up. Only code is for the steering angle sensor which has been replaced
  16. Auto Electrician?

Cheers guys, thanks for the input
  17. Auto Electrician?

Hi Guys, Basically since i got my car i've had the same issue of the traction control light coming on within seconds of driving the car. I've repaired the load cable near the gearbox. Checked the rear bulbs. Replaced the MAF and cleaned the surrounds with carb cleaner. Someones said it...
  18. No boost for 1/2 mins after starting?

Its not long had a fully rebuilt hybrid put on though, surely it cant go already?
  19. No boost for 1/2 mins after starting?

Hi Guys, Cupra TDI 2005 As title really, when i start my car whether it be cold or warm i have no boost for about 1/2 minutes of driving. I've tried cleaning my MAF sensor as i've read it could be that. Anyone have any idea what this could be? Thanks
  20. Engine Code 16487 P0103 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circ High Input

Thats what i thought so i put it in inverted commas. Could this be the reason why its seems to have lost power etc?