Search results

1. Where is Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve please? P0445

Another interesting point to note, is that before I replaced the fuel pump relay, the problem could be worked around by removing the evap valve (easy to do, you just wiggle it a bit and pull it out - it has a little O-ring which makes an airtight seal, watch out in case that pings off), waiting...
  2. Where is Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve please? P0445

This is now fixed. In short, Matty was right. Replacing the fuel pump relay fixed the problem once and for all. I did replace the evap valve first, before I replaced with fuel pump relay. This improved things, especially initially, but after 3 weeks the non-starting problem came back and after...
  3. Where is Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve please? P0445

Right-o, will also check the fuel pump relay. That's got to be a cheap and simple job so it'd be silly not to do that while I'm at it. Or even first, before ;-) Note to self: disconnect battery before messing with relays, as my understanding is that the only fuse between my fingers and the...
  4. Where is Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve please? P0445

Cheers for the continuing advice. Car sat in my office car park overnight, and guess what, it started first attempt this morning. Combined with the fact that I filled it up with fresh petrol yesterday, only two hours before it refused to start, and that the last time it failed to start I'd...
  5. Where is Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve please? P0445

Brilliant, cheers Matty. I take it that the bucket-like thing that it is stuck into, is the activated charcoal filter? Should I need to remove & replace the N80, how hard is that job? Is there a risk of breaking anything if I try? (I can rebuild a PC, I can change a wheel, I can clean...
  6. Where is Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve please? P0445

BTW I know what it looks like, I just don't know where it is. Good picture of this thing: (not enough posts yet to link) c1552172.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/5226_x600.jpg
  7. Where is Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve please? P0445

Hi folks. I have a 2003 Seat Leon mk1 1.6 litre petrol 16 valve, AUS engine. I'm getting error code P0445: Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Shorted . Is this the "N80" valve? Where would I find this in the engine bay, please? A photo with a nice arrow would...
  8. Newbie from Tewkesbury, Glos

Hi folks, I'm Andrew and I'm from Tewkesbury in Gloucestershire. Got myself a nice 2003 Seat Leon 1.6S yesterday. I'm primarily a family man and software engineering manager, not that interested in speed but appreciate the good build quality of Seat and liked the space and comfort of the...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.