Search results

1. Bunglebonce

Brake experts/Techs, help please :0)

Cheers for that. Think I'll swap the pins first and see what happens after they've bedded in a bit more. Is this a common fault with this type of calliper?
  2. Bunglebonce

The pads had the wear indicator wire, it's the car that hasn't! :blink: Anyone re the heat of the disks etc? Cheers B
  3. Bunglebonce

bearing noise!!! but wheel bearings changed

Tyres I'll still go with tyres despite what you've said. Can you swap them with another type? I've had this with new, half worn and almost dead tyres.
  4. Bunglebonce

Afternoon all, Just need to pick your brains! Changed my 70k old front discs and pads on my FR tdi yesterday to standard after market brembos. First thing I noticed was there was no brake pad wear sensor either side! (why?) Second thing I noticed was that despite the nearside pads...
  5. Bunglebonce

Front Brakes DIY question

Many thanks both :)
  6. Bunglebonce

Front Brakes DIY question

Hi all, Just after a bit of advice re front brake works. Gonna do the pads and discs on the front of my 150 tdi the weekend and just wondered if 1. Do you have to take the carrier off to get the disk off and 2. If you do, do you have to put new bolts back in or can they be reused...
  7. Bunglebonce

Wet rear passenger carpet - Butyl seals already done all the way round.

Thanks again all. Will do some investigating today and follow up with a post if I can establish anything. In terms of the speaker surrounds, what's the fix for this? I've got some butyl left if I can find it but it may be too thick to get between speaker/surround. What's everyone else...
  8. Bunglebonce

Hi folks, Cheers for prompt responses. Pollen filter: I thought that only soaked the front passenger footwell? Correct me if I'm wrong. Speaker surrounds: are you saying there's the same crap foam seal round them where they join the carrier? Rear door seal on front door: Didnt...
  9. Bunglebonce

Evening all, long time no post! As the title suggest I've got a very wet footwell in the rear passengers side. Read through gawd knows how much stuff on this, but can't seem to find anything other than the stuff I read about two years ago, when I stripped all the door carriers off and...
  10. Bunglebonce

Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Cheers for that. It appeared to want to go that way rather than the other but seemed odd that the seal ran for most of its length, under the trim and then changed to over when it, reached the pollen filter cover :confused: Also, when I took it out, there was a long plastic kind of...
  11. Bunglebonce

Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide

Cheers for that. It appeared to want to go that way rather than the other but seemed odd that the seal ran for most of its length, under the trim and then changed to over when it, reached the pollen filter cover :confused: Also, when I took it out, there was a long plastic kind of...
  12. Bunglebonce

Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Ok, done all our doors now so thought I'd check the pollen filter whilst I was at it. The plastic cover fitted about as well as a thing that doesnt fit very well and the two plastic screws snapped when I tried to take them out! Undetered I pulled the cover of and what a heath robinson piece...
  13. Bunglebonce

Ok, done all our doors now so thought I'd check the pollen filter whilst I was at it. The plastic cover fitted about as well as a thing that doesnt fit very well and the two plastic screws snapped when I tried to take them out! Undetered I pulled the cover of and what a heath robinson piece...
  14. Bunglebonce

I bought 2 of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320610849835&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT but as said, I've one door left to do and if you just do the lower half, there's enough in one roll :)
  15. Bunglebonce

I bought 2 of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320610849835&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT but as said, I've one door left to do and if you just do the lower half, there's enough in one roll :)
  16. Bunglebonce

Right. I've done three out the four doors on the old banger today (ran out of light in the end) and here's what I've learned - sorry if any of this has been said before ;) 1. The 10mm butyl strip you can get off ebay works just fine so save yourself enough for several halves of ale and buy...
  17. Bunglebonce

Right. I've done three out the four doors on the old banger today (ran out of light in the end) and here's what I've learned - sorry if any of this has been said before ;) 1. The 10mm butyl strip you can get off ebay works just fine so save yourself enough for several halves of ale and buy...
  18. Bunglebonce

Cheers agin folks for the info. I might get ten of these while I'm at it - when he's back that is. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GOLF-MK4-DOOR-PANEL-CARD-TRIM-CLIPS-INTERIOR-VW-/350344530647 Seem to be cheaper than the dealers :p
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members