Search results

1. It might be goodbye

:cry: I have finally decided to make the leap and look at getting a new car after 206,700 fantastic miles in my MK1 2005 TDi 130, I felt that with doing 20,000 miles a year its time for a change and I have a test drive this weekend for the Seat Leon 2.0 TDi SE Technology pack and then its...
  2. ABS rear sensor change

hi guys really be helpful if someone knows how to change this pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaasssseeeeee
  3. How many Miles

As92lv please post on here what loss of power you had on the car if any? As I can feel mine has lost a lot as acceleration no where near as it use to be
  4. How many Miles

As92lv wow 600k I'm never gonna make that, yeah I still got the same clutch only ever had a service 3 times, first one at 1000miles then 100,000 then 170,000 which I know some on here will scream at but hey it's just how it went but still love the car and how it drives
  5. How many Miles

Mattyholmz89 mine is the 1.9TDi still drive it to work everyday 60mile round trip plus we use it as the main car at weekends which is why the wife's Punto Grande 2006 only has 64k on the clock. The strange thing is I can still remember picking it up brand new and then was amazed when I had...
  6. How many Miles

Hi Guys just wanted to see how many people have done high mileage in their cars. Had my Seat Leon MK1 from new in 2005 and last night just done its 206,000 miles and still love driving it[B)]
  7. How to - Change Brake Light Switch

Thank-you Stan24V thanks for this guide I had an issue with my switch and after putting it off because I was fiddling by the pedal and the issue fixed itself, until last weekend when I knew I had to change the switch. It was a breeze with this guide and it was something that I would have not...
  8. ABS rear sensor change

Hi Guys any advice no matter how small would be welcome
  9. Hissing Sound

Cheers can I just ask what a pancake pipe is
  10. ABS rear sensor change

Hi Guys I have a couple of projects to do this weekend one of which is the brake light switch (which I have just read the "how to guide" on here) and the other is replacing my rear ABS sensor and I wondered if anyone had any helpful advice on changing it or a picture guide etc thanks in advance
  11. Hissing Sound

ps. forgot to mention that last year my car lost power and went into limp mode and after jacking up the car eventually found a small pipe was hanging down and found where it was meant to be connected put on a new pipe and turbo and power came back, would this be anything to do with it even...
  12. Hissing Sound

Hi guys I have a 2005 1.9TDi I have noticed over the last month that when accelerating there is a "hissing" sound although there doesnt seem to be any loss of power ( although maybe over a period of time i might not have noticed a gradual loss) does this seem as if I have a boost leak and if so...
  13. Black Smoke

ok i will buy some Millers then thanks Nic
  14. Black Smoke

Thanks nick will look at servicing the car first then if still the same issues will try your recommendations cheers for that much appreciated. What about engine additives once the cars serviced as some people swear by them and what about an engine diesel cleaner as part of the service have you...
  15. Black Smoke

thanks Cheshire Cat, the turbo actually had an air leak last year and found a split pipe which was replaced but as turbo was ok again i never noticed if the noise im getting now was there or not ive only just noticed it due to the black smoke and the coughing/sluggishness of the car at a certain...
  16. Black Smoke

Hi guys, My Leon 130TDi has started to blow out quite a bit of black smoke when I put my foot down quickly on the accelerator can someone tell me if this is a major issue for the engine please? I use supermarket diesel if that has anything to do with it. It also coughs a bit as i start to...
  17. ASDA 5/40 oil

I use it on mine and the Wifes Punto Grande and seems ok.
  18. New Exhaust price

its ok it was the catylic convertor that had to be replaced cheers anyway
  19. New Exhaust price

I'm looking for the down pipe
  20. New Exhaust price

Hi Guys i have a hole in my 2005 1.9TDi exhaust and so need to get a new one, can someone give me a rough idea of how much i will be expected to pay please? I will be looking for the fully fitted price approx, cheers in advance.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members