Search results

1. alcarp

Doing a DIY mufflerectomy

thanks, is that pipe welded on exactly straight or is it at a slight angle?
  2. alcarp

Doing a DIY mufflerectomy

Ive searched but cant find the answer to my individual question... Im after a mufflerectomy for my 05 leon fr (tdi) I have the pipe cut just after the rear axle ready for a straight pipe to be put on. Question is, does anyone know if I can just join a straight piece of pipe onto the one...
  3. alcarp

Flashing red light and three beeps in temperature gauge

From the Manual 2 – Coolant temperature/level* The warning lamp lights up for a few seconds as a functional check when ignition is switched on. If the lamp does not go out afterwards or lights up or flashes when driving, either the coolant temperature is too high or the coolant...
  4. alcarp

Grahams81-Leon 4wd, Big Turbo - Back in the saddle :-)

Ah right I must have forgotten that from the huge thread :) Certainly will be able to handle plenty with them in! Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  5. alcarp

Grahams81-Leon 4wd, Big Turbo - Back in the saddle :-)

Nothing better than getting a pass and getting really stuck into it which you certainly did. Nice to see someone doing everything to perfection, with dti gauges etc, you will reap rewards of these small things. You thought about putting a thicker headgasket back on to lower compression for...
  6. alcarp

Will this coilover fit with this attached?

Yeah as the shock could work free (in theory) but it would take something to come out. Just asking as my old shocks had these bent to the side Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  7. alcarp

Just wondering if these bits were removed would it be mot failure? Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  8. alcarp

Ah right. I did wonder whether that part went down the slit bit of the hub. Excellent, cheers Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  9. alcarp

Just got my AP coilovers and fitting tomorrow but noticed that they have a lot of metal "bits" attached near the bottom. Will these not prevent the shock seating in the hub part?
  10. alcarp

How to - Replace fog light bulbs (Leon Mk1 1M)

Extremely helpful post mate, cheers
  11. alcarp

Leon Tdi FR+ on 18s - drop?

Hi mate Just wondering which to model? Cheers Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  12. alcarp

DGJ's Leon Cupra TDI - Staggered Rims, AP Coilovers, 312mm Brakes, Milltek Turbo-Back

Yeah I just went for normal fr top mounts. They are ordered and being deliveredMonday so ill put them in and see how they do. Not the worst job to change them if I need to. How are the cupra r ones different? Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  13. alcarp

00654 Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter 1 -N153

Well after trying nearly everything I knew, including trying known working igniters and new wiring....I tightly pressed together the yellow connector under the drivers seat after cleaning it with contact cleaner. reset the light and .....it has worked!!! For some reason this had resulted in the...
  14. alcarp

DGJ's Leon Cupra TDI - Staggered Rims, AP Coilovers, 312mm Brakes, Milltek Turbo-Back

Yeah, I'm not after much more of a drop than 40mm but I want to er on the side of caution as I don't want a snapped driveshaft in 12 months after minimal rubbing on occasions. I ordered some OEM top mounts and bearings today which will arrive Tuesday morning, so I'm all set, just need the...
  15. alcarp

Excellent, I have been reading some did but I think its for the Cupras with the links that attach to the shocks instead of wishbones. Coilovers soon then lower a bit further once I get the bigloop. Nasty! Maybe easy to "redip" spray them though?
  16. alcarp

Anyone help? cheers
  17. alcarp

Crackin read mate, nice car. When you fitted the big loop arb did you have to use different drop links?
  18. alcarp

Little update. I replaced it but still had the same error. So I cleaned up the connections but still no joy. I then swapped them round and it was still the same side that had the problem. I then tried it without the connector plugged in and got the same error. Looks like the yellow...
  19. alcarp

Gonna add some photos to the thread that I took today, although it still did not work (with a known working one) Looks like te fault is going to be the wire that is part of the car loom at a guess but going outside soon to try some contact cleaner on the yellow plug. Any hints to try anything...
  20. alcarp

And I was preparing myself to put the whole lot in. Didn't realise I could just replace that. Should be arriving shortly so will have a look. Picture would be appreciatedif possible. Cheers mate.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.