Search results

1. johnkearns89

RNS 315 installed in pre-facelift Leon. Steering wheel buttons don't work.

Mine came with this diagram on the back. I hope it helps Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  2. johnkearns89

As far as I remember it is the two connections labelled '+' and 'UB+' If you're not sure compare the two connectors and see what is missing. I'm nearly 100% sure the extra one is right next to the original. I confirmed it on a bench with a 12v battery connected to both
  3. johnkearns89

After a quick look on eBay I've found a few ranging from £25 - £70. (The cheap ones are made in China...) Might be worth looking into. Would anyone know what's involved, or what part number I might need? I'll do a bit of digging through the forum, but if any of you could point me in the right...
  4. johnkearns89

Thanks for the info, appreciate it! I'm not sure if I can justify spending any more on this project at the moment, there's a few other priorities for the cash right now. Considering selling the 315 and using the money to put in a Bluetooth unit and high line display on the dash. Bluetooth was...
  5. johnkearns89

Hi all I've recently got my hands on an almost new RNS-315 and fitted it to my early 2008 Leon. Overall, I'm fairly chuffed with the result: At the time of writing, I am still waiting on the Bluetooth microphone arriving, so it is not fitted yet. The problem now is that the MFSW controls do...
  6. johnkearns89

GUIDE: Retro fitting OEM Satnav MFD2/MFD3

Is that the rns-315 Adam D?
  7. johnkearns89

Air con compressor

For starters, turns out I was talking rubbish. That belt drives the alternator too. The bolt is turning freely, but not tightening. So either the bolt has sheered, or its turning both the bolt and the compressor shaft and not tightening in
  8. johnkearns89

Air con compressor

Might be worth a go, though if it is seized and I tighten the bolt on the pulley I might risk damaging the belt... I don't think that belt drives anything else, does it? Probably wouldn't be the end of the world if I did snap it. Hopefully.
  9. johnkearns89

Air con compressor

You ay they're always turning internally? My A/C has packed in. Looked at the compressor pulley, the centre bolt on the pulley wasn't turning.... I have a bad feeling this could be expensive
  10. johnkearns89

GUIDE: The Mk2 Leon VAG-COM Guide

There should be a button for that, TCS, near the handbrake somewhere
  11. johnkearns89

GUIDE: The Mk2 Leon VAG-COM Guide

Brilliant stuff. Can anyone tell me if the lite version will let me do coding like this? Turning on leaving home headlights etc?
  12. johnkearns89

Highline cluster coding

Sounds like you know your stuff mate, no doubt you'll get plenty of questions from me when I get round to doing the upgrade!
  13. johnkearns89

Highline cluster coding

I have plans to fit an rns 315 in the near future, then the high line display after that. Volunteering might be difficult with me being in NI! I've also read about people saying the new cluster should come from a similar car, ie I have a 1.9tdi, so the new cluster can't come from a small petrol...
  14. johnkearns89

Highline cluster coding

Well that's a game changer right there... :p
  15. johnkearns89

Highline cluster coding

Right, I see! Do you make some sort of adapter plug?
  16. johnkearns89

Highline cluster coding

Yeah different plugs. Are you talking about taking the clusters apart and rewiring plugs?
  17. johnkearns89

Highline cluster coding

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=131336809362&alt=web http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=390845236995&alt=web Have a look at both, one is facelift, the other is pre-facelift
  18. johnkearns89

Highline cluster coding

Do you mean a white display from a mk5 will fit the Leon?
  19. johnkearns89

Highline cluster coding

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=355280
  20. johnkearns89

Highline cluster coding

It's on another thread in the forum somewhere. If it can be done I'd far rather have the facelift cluster with the white display!
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members