Search results

1. CupraCraig225

cobra exhausts?

I drive everywhere with my window down, yes you can hear it but even so I still wouldn't say it was too loud. Neighbours may not think so at 3 am lol. I had a 2.5" supersprint on my old car and that was loud so maybe my new one just seems quiet [B)]
  2. CupraCraig225

cobra exhausts?

As soon as I can be arsed to fix my camera! Or until one of my mates let me borrow theirs :blink: It isn't loud at all, which for me is perfect. Can't hear it in the car with windows up, just the whistle of the turbo :D
  3. CupraCraig225

Honeycomb sheet

Thanks a bunch, didn't consider searching for that lol :banned:
  4. CupraCraig225

Honeycomb sheet

I'm having trouble finding a sheet of honeycomb mesh and was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction? Also what are the dimensions of the honeycomb on the LC grill? Thanks in advance ;)
  5. CupraCraig225

FR alloys

I'd go gunmetal I think, if you go black rims, the tyres often look lighter than the rims. Doesn't look good lol ;)
  6. CupraCraig225

cobra exhausts?

I no mate I bottled it last minute lol :cry:. I figured if I ever go decat I will be glad for the silencer. It still sounds good mind. Just not too loud, perfect in my honest opinion.
  7. CupraCraig225

cobra exhausts?

Have been to Sheffield today to have my exhaust fitted. Only cat-back for now, decided to go resonated with baffle. Slash cut oval. Now I cannot rate the workmanship, build quality and customer service enough. Highly recommend! There is no cabin drone at all even at a 'healthy' cruise on the...
  8. CupraCraig225

cobra exhausts?

This was the case with my supersprint, seemed to get quieter over time. But like you say you may just get accustomed to it :blink:
  9. CupraCraig225

cobra exhausts?

What sort of power are you aiming for? I'm only going cat back as I don't intend on doing all that much power wise. Nice map with a few other small things :whistle:
  10. CupraCraig225

cobra exhausts?

Did it change the exhaust note much?
  11. CupraCraig225

cobra exhausts?

Only a few miles away from where I live, I'm in Walcote. Your car isn't red is it? Welland road? Can't decide if I want twin tailpipe or the oval. Hmm....:confused:
  12. CupraCraig225

cobra exhausts?

Raks, that sounds Sweeeeet. Will be driving home with Windows down regardless of the weather :funk:
  13. CupraCraig225

cobra exhausts?

About £300 mate, can't say on delivery as I'm going in person. Was going to go full turbo back decat, but I think it will be overkill for what I plan to do... but saying that I was only ever going to breathing mods on my saxo, that didn't go to plan. :D
  14. CupraCraig225

cobra exhausts?

I'll get them up as soon as I can pal. I was thinking about a miltek but my mate had one on his golf and it was way too quiet even without a res :shrug: It is quite far away tbf. Where abouts in leicester are you?
  15. CupraCraig225

cobra exhausts?

Just ordered my cat back non resonated 2.5". Still with standard DP and cat. Be fitted by Sunday Hope its not too loud... ? Anyway will post videos from inside and outside the car, must also start my RR [B)]
  16. CupraCraig225

Turbo advice

Does look that way, I would avoid tbh :whistle:
  17. CupraCraig225

80MM tip for the LCR - Cheap

Exactly this! :D
  18. CupraCraig225

How many miles

As said above it really depends on how well its maintained. I had a 1.1 saxo that still ran like a dream (even if the rest of the car had fallen apart) at 170'000 miles. Nver missed a beat, I believe this was the case as i serviced it every 8k miles ;). Plan on servicing my LCR every 8k also...
  19. CupraCraig225

Is Stage 2 really worth it???

Custom maps are the only thing with using imho, you wouldn't go to a taylors to get a fitted suit that was pre measured! So why do it to your car? [B)]
  20. CupraCraig225

Is Stage 2 really worth it???

Surely it depends on what the car is going to be used for? Track, I'd say yes, road use only, I'd say no. Will say now I have not mapped my LCR yet so can't say from experience. Have tuned cars before though and got to a certain point where I wished I had stopped as it became a bit un usable on...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members