Search results

1. VW TDi Emissions software scandal

A bit more digging finds it was all UK\EU Classic impreza's that did this. My point was it's nothing new, this will be the tip of the iceberg, all manufacturers will be at it in one form or another.
  2. VW TDi Emissions software scandal

Subaru did this with the P1 years ago, nothing new here.
  3. Watchdog - Media

Either way, I don't think it's worth bothering Anne Robinson about this.....
  4. Cupra 290, anyone?

It can! I have/had no problem with it when standard. Barely an issue with the tuning box on it in the dry.
  5. remap

It would still be hard for them to say with 100‰ certainty a box caused it. A faulty Map sensor, a leak in boost pipework, a faulty wastegate/actuator could cause values to skew. Although access to VCDS to reset everything prior to taking it to the dealer is probably best.....
  6. remap

I'm sure it does improve it slightly, but who cares about that benchmark? Every other increment is massively quicker, 30-70, 100-200kmh etc etc. . Insurance was around £50 extra a year. It's easy to fit if you can get under the car.
  7. remap

I run the dtuk box. It's all mid and top end so traction issues are no worse than standard. Crazy fast when it all hooks up.
  8. DSG for Cupra or not?

Kick down in my car is activated if you floor the throttle in any gear in any mode. Manual isn't really manual.
  9. Cupra 3 year value.

Anywhere between 12-15k judging by prices for the old Cupra R's on autotrader.
  10. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Will that just be a straight replacement of the head unit?
  11. Played with a TT Ultra

Link?
  12. New Cupra 280 owener!

Strange I didn't find that at all standard, the traction in gears above 2nd in the dry in my DTUK powered 280 is more than manageable.
  13. Mk3 Leon Cupra 1/4 mile times

Mods? Any footage of the run?
  14. TCS Button

The compound and make up of the tyre will contribute to the hop. Look to change to a gripper, slightly softer tyre next time.
  15. How safe are ECU remaps?

Have any of them had their engines/turbos or gearbox expire?
  16. MAX power though DSG box

As much as your wallet is prepared to shell out.....
  17. Going to see a Leon 280 tomnorrow. Convince me to buy this over an Impreza

It's the slab of torque at 4k that the sti has that gives the impression of more go.
  18. Going to see a Leon 280 tomnorrow. Convince me to buy this over an Impreza

The impreza has a dinasaur of an engine and is slower on the move. (don't let the hit of torque fool you) Things have moved on, Subaru haven't, sad statement from someone that is a die hard fan that's owned two of the best over a 10 year period (P1 & Spec C)
  19. Stop/Start with DSG?

The highway code uses 'should and must' throughout. Must is usually in bold and it's backed up by a specific law/act, should is generally used as an advisory. If I'm going to be any length of time at lights I put it in P and pull the hand break.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.