Search results

1. dazjstuart

what have you done to your car today ?

Thought about it! Did a DVLA tax check on the old girl to see if she was still alive, delighted to see its taxed until July 2022! SY03AZD still kicking around on here anyone? I traded it in around 3 years ago, last I saw it was for sale around Glasgow a couple of years ago.
  2. dazjstuart

The correct way to do an N249 bypass the full guide

Well this is weird, got an email about a reply to a thread on here for about the first time in 3 years! Long time since I had my Cupra and was doing this stuff but I did the N249 bypass and had no issues. Note that’s bypass and not delete, if you want to fully remove it think that’s when you...
  3. dazjstuart

Stalked the old girl online on the DVLA website :roflmao:. I see someone must have it now (I traded it in) as it is taxed and MOTd. If a Flash Red LC180 03 plate ending AZD ends up on here I have a bunch of receipts for it and a log of all the work done during my ownership. I do miss the...
  4. dazjstuart

Which type of petrol

Thanks for the replies guys, confirms my initial thoughts that it probably doesn’t make any difference. Part of the reason I always ran v-power in the old car was for the additives so I might chuck a full of the good **** in every few months, keep everything nice and clean, also as a wee...
  5. dazjstuart

Which type of petrol

Apologies if this has been done to death, I can't see anything recent. I have the 1.4tsi 125hp version, what are people running these engines on? I used to religiously run my old 1.8T on v-power as it gave better response and economy, and it said to run it on 98 RON on the flap, I see this car...
  6. dazjstuart

Sold it :cry:! 6 1/2 years of (relatively) trouble free motoring! Haven’t been on the site much the last couple of years as lost interest and some tough times financially meant I didn’t have free money to throw at the car. Will miss the old girl but it was time to go. Replaced with another...
  7. dazjstuart

What oil?

I use Castrol Edge in mine, think you would be better off with magnatec for a diesel though, it meets the VW tdi 505 spec whereas Edge is the 504 spec. 5W30 is the recommended, I would stick with that unless you have any reason not to, is it burning oil?
  8. dazjstuart

Mk1 Leon FR Turbo

I'm assuming of course that yours is a petrol FR?
  9. dazjstuart

Mk1 Leon FR Turbo

All sound advice, its an absolute pig of a job, you need 3 child sized hands and doing up one of the oil / water feed pipes you can't see what your doing. I fitted an SFS oversize TIP though while I was at it so that probably made it harder than it needed to be. When I got my new turbo it came...
  10. dazjstuart

Boost issue please help.

Mine had something like this a few years ago. It was due to the waste gate being sticky on the turbo. If it was stuck closed it would overboost then dump it all with a big whoosh. If it was stuck open it wouldn't boost much at all until you got to high revs. I tried everything, N75, recirc...
  11. dazjstuart

a bit of advice on boost...

Is it working ok again since you cleared the code? I can't remember exactly by I'm sure the standard is 7 - 8psi which is 0.5 - 0.6 bar. I wouldn't take the water temp gauge on the dash reading as gospel, it only gives you an idea if the engine is hot, cold or at the correct temp. The temp on...
  12. dazjstuart

Original chequered floor mats...

You'll find them beside the collection of hens teeth under the pile of rocking horse ****! Joking aside they are pretty rare, even more so to get a set in good nick. I looked for a set years ago but gave up, some do come up on ebay from people breaking their motors but they are usually well...
  13. dazjstuart

Cupra R vs Leon 1.9 TDI FR

Had both my LC and MKIV Golf PD130 for a while which is a reasonable comparison. Leon averages about 32mpg with a fair mix of town and country driving and fair mix of hooning and cruising. Golf gets about 55mpg average with similar driving conditions. By todays standards the 1.8T is an old...
  14. dazjstuart

Can haze really be polished out by hand?

Nice result. As you found out yes it is possible to do it by hand but its a lot less effort with a machine polisher! I've never used scratch x so can't vouch for how abrasive it is, by the sound of the name I am guessing pretty abrasive. Now you have it looking good SRP or another finer...
  15. dazjstuart

03 vs later LCRs

Think the previous post pretty well covers it. I think some of the earlier ones are more likely to come with recarros (were they standard?). They changed from square to teardrop mirrors in 03 for all cupras, might have been all leons actually but I'm not sure, so that's not something specific...
  16. dazjstuart

SFS oversized Tip onto AUQ.

:lol:! It shouldn't make any difference to the fuel consumption, if anything I would have thought it might improve slightly as the engine can breath more easily.
  17. dazjstuart

Why can't you tighten the jubilee clip? is it inaccessible? There shouldn't really be any pressure in it to blow it off but I would want it securely held on, more because if it does come off its a pain in the arse to get back on again and it risks the turbo inhaling stuff that may damage it...
  18. dazjstuart

lacquer peeling off car

Mine too, I blame the Mrs and her assortment of rings grabbing the door handles lol.
  19. dazjstuart

Shouldn't be a problem with it touching the water pipe, the turbo itself will get much hotter than the water pipe ever does. Did you have to bend the water pipe a bit? IIRC you have to give it a bit of a bend so it doesn't nip the TIP. Well worth the hassle IMO, turbo definitely spools...
  20. dazjstuart

Airbag fault code

Mine has that too, never got round to fixing it yet just waiting for it to go off in my face some day! Joking aside it shouldn't go off (he says...) as airbags are designed to fail safe i.e. not go off so the biggest issue would be it not working in a crash. My mechanic bro said a loose wire...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.