Search results

1. John Lindsay

Thinking of ordering a SC290. Opinions please?

Morning Chaps, I'm awaiting info from Seat regarding their new Q1 pricing, however I think I'll be going for a Cupra 290 in the not so distant future. The spec I have in mind is as follows, is there anything else you would recommend, or anything you'd leave off Cupra 290 SC DSG in...
  2. John Lindsay

W13 JAL - '04 Leon Cupra R - GT30 coming soon!! (Page6)

Aye, it's not to be honest... Waiting on Garry's coming out the garage first then mines can go in! http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=392257
  3. John Lindsay

W66RRY - Mk1 Leon Cupra R

They are the shims/washers for below the bolt heads on the inner CV Joint/Diff output flange. If you get them you'll want the bolts too, they're stretch bolts.
  4. John Lindsay

Cambelt and Waterpump

I'd do the Aux belt, and tensioner while you're at it. It's off anyway.
  5. John Lindsay

which map stage 1 scotland.

Should get in touch with the guys at Caltech Performance - https://www.facebook.com/CaltechPerformance They both have Mk1 LCR's, so are well clued up on them. Check out the Facebook page and give them a message. One of them is off the road at the moment while a Forged engine with K04 hybrid is...
  6. John Lindsay

Loud clicking/ticking noise

Sure it's not just the carbon canister? Black box with pipes running to it in front of the coolant reservoir. It's normal for that to tick.
  7. John Lindsay

Leon cupra horn relay making a clicking noise

I've not had the horn since I bought my LCR…… (it fairly upsets the Mrs lol) Joking aside though, my fuse is fine, I can hear the relay clicking when I press the horn and I have had both the horns off and wired direct to 12V Supply - they both sound, but not when connected to the car. Anyone...
  8. John Lindsay

CV joints - get what you pay for?

We supply 'Shaftec' CV Joints and Shafts at work, they have a 2 year / 24,000 Mile Warranty.
  9. John Lindsay

You really want to get a new cable for your camera!
  10. John Lindsay

Leaking doors nightmare

Cheers for that, both front footwells appear to be bone dry, will investigate further.
  11. John Lindsay

Leon Cupra or R what MPG should i expect??

Stage 2 LCR: Best over a tank - 399 Miles - 32.33mpg Worst over a tank - 262 Miles - 21.42mpg Average over 14,134 Miles - 27.22mpg - That's £3430.56 on 2,417.54 litres of fuel Take an average of 23.7p per mile - should help you calculate what yours will cost to run. I do a...
  12. John Lindsay

Leaking doors nightmare

I recently fixed the seal on my passenger rear door, however the problem does not seem to be much better. Do people usually find water in the front or rear footwell? I fixed the passenger rear door as the passenger rear footwell was soaking, but could it be coming in through the front door seal?
  13. John Lindsay

Looking good! Proof that you can actually manage without me :p Although… how did you manage to break the manifold stud, weren't you torquing them all?
  14. John Lindsay

2010 speed blue MK2 Leon Cupra Stage 2+

I'm your man ;)
  15. John Lindsay

05 Ovni Cupra Tdi

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=392257
  16. John Lindsay

Ahh! I had wondered if that was a fellow forum member, got to Garry's in Kilmarnock and mentioned it but he said he didn't recognise your car from the description! Thanks very much!
  17. John Lindsay

So.... Not been on here to update for quite a while, this update is fairly large, even if I am just gathering bits at the moment! My GT30 beside Garry's K04 Hybrid, see his separate build thread for further details! New engine with Forged rods and AGU Head has also...
  18. John Lindsay

Chop Chop, get to the good bits!!
  19. John Lindsay

Anyone live near the Scottish borders got a vag com

We've got it, in Kilmarnock if there's nobody closer.
  20. John Lindsay

So not been on and updated this for a while, myself and Garry (vroomtshh) have set up and are running our own tuning company - Caltech Performance - check us out on facebook if you like. Yesterday saw us at Crail for the REVO Vag Vs Ford day, where I ended up running a 14.1 second 1/4 mile...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.