Search results

1. bobpzero

sticky turbo vanes carbon deposit cleaning

so far i’ve found mr muscle oven cleaner is great as a last resort. i tried ecotec egr turbo cleaner spray and it lasted about 2 weeks of regaining a decent bit of boost, so the research goes on. next i’m going to try wynns turbo cleaner spray
  2. bobpzero

Dead Turbo

alh turbo refurb cost me £600 that included uninstall and reinstall of the turbo. sorry i can’t be of much help. possibly there’s a lot more wrong than just the turbo. darkside developments are the only guys id trust but hopefully you’ll find some professional diesel mechanic closer to home.
  3. bobpzero

just got more of the mr muscle oven cleaner. usually spray in twice with 5 hours in between works well enough. smokes a bit on idle after a bit of a rake on the motorway for a couple of days.
  4. bobpzero

i've used the mr muscle oven cleaner before as easy to do as i had the egr delete and tune done, it's an alh. just wondering if anyone has tested oven pride? though i'm guessing because it's not foaming type carbon deposit cleaner it probably won't work.
  5. bobpzero

hid to led dipped beam & full beam

back again horizonled co uk now has 4th gen led h7 kit. was also looking at mtec h7 super white xenon bulbs. checking back to see if anyone out there has changed from hid to led for dipped beam & full beam?
  6. bobpzero

New or recon turbo?

sorry, ive only bought stuff from darkside. HFLO-X Race Nozzles 0.216, maf sensor, silicone 90degree bend hose. anyways yep theres probably going to be a bit of waiting list but from what they post up on their facebook page they have real good customer service.
  7. bobpzero

New or recon turbo?

well I'm biased towards darkside developments. it's whatever you feel happy with that matters.
  8. bobpzero

One off super customised Leon...!

looks alright at the back and nice artwork but the front reminds me of a golf mk4 i saw, the front looked like it had an allergic reaction it was all bloated. but yea just another rice interpretation
  9. bobpzero

tyre question

suspension setup & strut bushing choice makes big difference to how well the front tyres stay on the ground under acceleration. was wondering has the vredestein ultrac sessanta fallen out of favour?
  10. bobpzero

has built in cooling fan & with over heat protection fan-failure setup protection for reliability. for the 2400lm from 20w per bulb, maybe slightly overdriven. anyways if the mk3 Leon has led headlamps you'd would have expected the oem/aftermarket China led capital would have it absolutely...
  11. bobpzero

has anyone here swapped out their h7r hid dipped beam setup for an led h7 6000k setup? saw a couple of led h7 packs on eBay one with 2400lm and another at 6400lm which i think might be way too much (lm = lumens) at the moment I just get the hid dip beam swapped over to standard dip beam bulbs...
  12. bobpzero

turbo diesel decat vs mot dvta ni

ahright. there's , east Coast customs in Lisburn to check out. if I could I'd go to darkside developments.
  13. bobpzero

this may explode a can of worms but anyways. had a look around on the internets looking for who does a custom exhaust system in northern ireland. well apart from dees exhausts, who out there who would be trustworthy to do a custom straight pipe exhaust system, that wouldnt rattle all over...
  14. bobpzero

nice tho for the moment I'm happy with what I've got. do the poly bushs cause a load of vibration in the cabin or people just overreacting?
  15. bobpzero

yep forgot the wastegate part. I definitely have a long way to go..
  16. bobpzero

as far as I know it's a fixed vane turbo. I thought the 110 engine had variable vane. not sure about turbo size.
  17. bobpzero

egr delete, turbo reconditioned, .230 nozzles & a remap = 138bhp & wheel spin in 2nd somewhere between 2500rpm & 3000rpm. :D
  18. bobpzero

no your not late as I've only got as far as fine tuning the engine, thanks. other reason I ask is because darkside development do decat downpipe for the mk 4 ve tdi engine.
  19. bobpzero

righto thanks for reply. think I'll be happy enough to put a set of shocks & springs on at the moment. funny enough tho got a reply from Dvta ni as I said I was hoping for more info but was told what's there in the PDFs is sufficient.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.