Search results

1. RichN

Blueflame Exhaust - Where?

Yeah I paid about the same (£500 ish) about 5 years ago.. Wished I'd bought a Miltek, and then bought a Milltek. Think I flogged the hardly used Blueflame to Tom up there ^ (possibly, memory is hazy).
  2. RichN

BTCC Grid Girl

Be careful to vote for the right Amy ! :-)
  3. RichN

VIN Number

Tom, Seems pretty simple to me.. I assume you've not bought and sold too many cars, as if you had you'd know the DVLA create significantly worse cockups than this. Something to look forward to over the coming years maybe :whistle: First up, I'll declare my interest here.. I know the car...
  4. RichN

air bag slip ring question?

Hello mate - get yourself a new slip ring from a VW/Audi/Seat breakers (try Stevens Breakers on the net) it's not difficult and won't be more than £25. Loads of Vw's came with this slip ring and they can break - they're just a pair of wires pressed flat into a ribbon cable and wrapped round and...
  5. RichN

Wipers have gone nuts!!!

I got mine from the dealers.. alex knows what he's going though obviously - might be a good time to go Cruise Control if you've got loads of spare cash. It's an easy job, for someone experienced as yourself - be wary of the ribbon cable inside the airbag slip ring - you wana keep that airbag...
  6. RichN

ibiza cupra R help on servicing

No, it's not too old.. I just sold my 188k mile Ibiza that runs as well today as it did at 50k... just keep on top of the maintanance. If it smokes, find out why.. if the clutch slips, get it changed.. if the gearbox splits into two and drops out onto the road, it's time for a new one :-)
  7. RichN

ibiza cupra R help on servicing

You're good for at least 100,000 more miles (and the rest) if my car is anything to go by. Oils and plugs have been covered loads of times. Not many 'R's out there so leave it standard where possible :-)
  8. RichN

ohhh no!! Welding done on car with battery connected!

Nobody's listening because it's a collection of relays, not a collection of fuses.
  9. RichN

new engine in but fault code help!

Are you 110% sure the cam belt went back on in the right position? Did you remove the cam timing chain, and if you did, is it definately back as it was? Good to see more people doing hardcore stuff with these cars :-)
  10. RichN

Ibiza 99-2002 general thoughts

"It is obvious that MK4 has much finer design,but MK3 is not bad too,maybe little dicey" It's not obvious.. if you think it is, you might be in the wrong secion of this forum :-)
  11. RichN

Grrrrr... Need some help!

Have you run the engine up to temp', turned the heaters up to 'HI' and given all the hoses a good squeezing? When you said "disconnect the thing" did you actually mean "entirely bypass" ?
  12. RichN

toyos

I run T1r's on the Cupra and 888's on something RWD and I'm happy enough with value for money on both.. might even try T1r's on the RWD car for a bit as 888's have gone way up in price.
  13. RichN

Fitting suspension - couple of Questions....

Why are you removing the Spax? I have a set I will either fit or sell with the car, unless you have had a bad experience?
  14. RichN

Cupra Clutch

The EaziBleed is the only way I'd do it, personally.
  15. RichN

Cupra Clutch

You're correct, except it pushes it through from the reservior Genius indeed.
  16. RichN

What should I be paying for 01/Y Cupra 47k

Good price, amusing name, welcome :-)
  17. RichN

Engine Rebuild!!

Heads come up on eBay and various places - move the bits over yourself and learn some stuff at the same time :-) Maybe get a second opinion on the state of the head you have at the minute? You can achieve 205bhp without and special head work at all.. and on stage 1.. no porting, no polishing...
  18. RichN

Coolant flush - Thermo replace - refill

Ideally, coolant should be pink like the pre-mixed stuff from halfords. You could always flush it out and run some more through. This might help you :-) “06A 103 663 B” (dipstick tube), broke mine myself during cylinder head removal.
  19. RichN

Smoke while engine is cold...

Give it a sniff :-)
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.