Search results

1. Ice on inside of windscreen?!

I find the opposite but all car's I've owned have had climate control. I never turn the AC off and let it do its thing, never had water inside the car and certainly not ice. On all of these cars the window de-mist function runs the AC with heat, the reason being that it is going to reduce...
  2. Rain/light sensor

Good point! But if you’re worried about a one time dry wipe then you probably wouldn’t want to put a bucket of tap water on the car unless it’s going to be immediately cleaned off, and you can’t (at least I can’t :cheeky:) do that without doing the full million stages of washing. Then before we...
  3. Rain/light sensor

Lol, just tap the sensor on the outside of windscreen, no need for rain or buckets of water.
  4. Boot Gas Struts

Thanks for all the info in this thread. Just installed the Stabilus ones. I installed them the same way up as the factory ones. Can’t say I had to mess around twisting the end of them etc, makes me feel like I’ve done something wrong to the rest of people?!
  5. removing the grit guard from cupra airbox

Moisture in the air (apparently). I haven’t looked at the filter in question but I assume it’s paper and not some oiled cotton thing like a K&N? One thing we can be certain of is that all cars are built to as low a price as possible. So they wouldn’t go to the effort of designing and including...
  6. removing the grit guard from cupra airbox

I thought this thing was a snow guard if I remember some old discussions about it. Why bother removing things that are gonna protect the engine and have naff all affect on power though?
  7. Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

Hope the above makes sense. One part of the car is expecting a value for the strength of the sunlight. If it receives two values, which will invariable be different from each other, then the module or piece of code receiving those messages is going to throw a wobbly. Again just making...
  8. Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

I’m just speculating but it may be that the RLHS takes over the role of the sunlight sensor. The error doesn’t say the sunlight sensor is not installed but that there is no communication. Probably because those comms are happening with the RLHS now and not the sunlight sensor. Don’t forget...
  9. Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

Hi Jim - no the sunlight sensor is already installed in the car and is not part of the RLHS. It’s underneath the grill of the centre speaker atop of the dash.
  10. Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

Hey Jim - apparently the sun sensor is there to monitor the thermal gain coming through the windscreen and allows the climate control to act accordingly. I'm not sure whether it also controls the dimming of the dashboard lighting too or whether thats done else where. I don't know if having...
  11. Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

So I purchased China's finest cheap bits to do this! Sensor: 8UD.955.559.B Switch: 5GG.941.431.D Installed them tonight. The switch is a fake Chinese copy which doesn't have the positions in the correct orientation. I will probably replace it as it does look a bit cheap. Coming home works...
  12. Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

5G0 941 431 AF WZU
  13. Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

If there are no sensors at all fixed to the windscreen (take it you don't have climate control then?) then yes you'll need some cabling. Cabling between where and where I don't know as its not something I've looked into. Either the information is already on the forum somewhere or hopefully...
  14. Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

@olie93 ah okay thanks mate. @jacko5 what is behind your mirror right now, anything?
  15. Can't Find LED Indicator Bulbs Anywhere

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/installing-rear-indicator-leds.394840/
  16. Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

Thanks @olie93 - If I'm understanding correctly are you saying that your sensor has the part number 81A907658 but that it shows in VCDS as 5Q0955547B? If I've got that right, would you be so kind as to tell me long coding value of your sensor? Maybe I could then use that on my sensor and it...
  17. Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

Hi All, My 2018 FR doesn't have the convenience pack, but it does have a humidity sensor as you'd expect. The weird thing is that from the windscreen I can see clear parts/diodes just like the rain and light sensors have. Whereas normally if its just a humidity sensor its totally black. The...
  18. OBDeleven modifications

God damn it! Ordered mine earlier in the week, glad its only 5% else I'd be pissed. Thanks though
  19. Boheme purple

It didn’t look too brown in the end then? Must admit my NLV is probably mistaken for black unless it’s both clean and in summer sunlight or other good direct light. To the casual observer who glanced they wouldn’t know it’s purple and I’m imagining the Seat will be no different when it arrives...
  20. Boheme purple

Know exactly what you mean! I feel like almost every car on the road is white, black or some shade in between! My wife has a Boheme Purple arriving within the next month and I myself have Northern Lights Violet mentioned above by someone.