Search results

1. Where are you buying key batteries?

I buy off Amazon, but never a cheap no-name brand.
  2. Help! Boot not opening

It was tricky, on a few counts. The small iron I had wasn't powerful enough, I had to tape a cardboard windshield to the tailgate! Access was a bit fiddly, too. I ended up taping one wire to the connector to hold it still. I really should get a bigger iron to use outdoors.
  3. Help! Boot not opening

Just a quick note to say I've just had this exact issue with the same fix: the green wire wasn't broken, but I think the connection was oxidised just enough to make the connection intermittent, which explains why some people have success by pulling the connector apart and re-seating it. A word...
  4. Many of systems are not available after battery replacement

The steering angle sensors tend to get confused, usually a couple of lock-to-lock turns will clear it.
  5. Newbie to-do's

No guarantees there. I bought a Scirocco in 2015, from a franchised dealer. The wheels were swapped, because they hadn't had them refurbed. 4 days later, I lost a bolt from one wheel, and the others were finger-tight.
  6. Windscreen washer problem

Worth noting: My windscreen and headlamp washers stopped working, fuses OK, water level OK. Scanned the car with VCDS, found a fault with the pump, cleared it, and it started working and has never failed again. I think the fault will self-clear after a certain number of ignition cycles (10?).
  7. Leon MK 3 road noise or tyres problem

You're right. Neither was my other Leon. getting confused with PQ35.
  8. Leon MK 3 road noise or tyres problem

I've had 3 MQB cars now- 2 Leons and a Scirocco- and only had the issue with crap tyres on the one Leon. I did rotate the tyres because I used to swap tyres for winter.
  9. TMC Not Working

Can someone clarify for me? I *think* I have MIB2 standard- how do I tell the units apart? (I have a 2018 Leon FR Technology, and the head unit has Android Auto/Carplay). -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Address 5F: Information...
  10. Leon MK 3 road noise or tyres problem

I don't know about "wrong" exactly, but I know the alignment specs were changed at some point to improve this issue and the inside edge wear. I think many FWD cars will get it to some degree- my wife's Lupo had it, a little, and I've seen it on Mondeos of a certain age (but I'm told MQB and that...
  11. Leon MK 3 road noise or tyres problem

Hmm, as others have said, the causes are more complicated. With my Mk2, it had nasty cheap ditchfinders on the back when I bought it. After alignment and putting Conti Sport Contact 3 on, it never happened again. As @andylong suggests above, alignment and inflation are probably a factor, but...
  12. Leon MK 3 road noise or tyres problem

I have a Mk3 FR TDI, I don't find it particularly noisy, but the sawtooth wear will produce a drone, I had that with my Mk2 Leon, and a wheel alignment and different tyres made all the difference.
  13. Intermittent limp mode

I'd guess at sticky turbo vanes.
  14. Which fuel, petrol or diesel.

I'd have thought a FR TDI 184 would be perfect for this use case.
  15. Burned rubber/plastic smell after a drive

Yes, very much so.
  16. Wheel arch and underbody panel diagram?

I found that out, as did the poor fox I hit at around [cough] on the M6T in my Mk2 Leon.
  17. 2.0tdi just died after drove it home.

As the CAN gateway is reporting the short, is it worth buying/begging/borrowing one and installing it to see if the fault goes away? If the fault stays, then go round the rest of the modules looking for cable damage or water damage, unplug them one-by-one and see what changes? I'd have guessed...
  18. 2.0tdi just died after drove it home.

That error with the high-speed CAN sounds dodgy, is it worth looking for chafed cables? Often starting then dying quickly can be an immobiliser issue- if it can't read the chip in the key, for example.
  19. Cracked Tyres

Was talking to my neighbour today, he has a 2020 ST with Dunlops, all 4 showing cracking severe enough to need replacement. Only came to his attention because of a puncture in one. Not sure if the tyres had been sitting about for a while, they came up as 4 years old.
  20. Window not going up or down automatically

Holy thread resurrection! I just cleared this issue on my 2018 FR. The one-touch hadn't worked since I had it adapted (I drive with hand controls) because they obviously disconnected the battery. I tried holding the buttons up as described, but it didn't seem to work. In the end, i broke out...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members