Search results

1. hertssjc

Forum member feedback, have your say.

I have been a member for a few years after buying my first 10 plate Leon in 2012. Only really started to use it since February time when used it to research prior to buying a 68 plate Ateca. I have found the forum very friendly and very informative. Like others have mentioned previously, no...
  2. hertssjc

Plastic Engine Cover

I know, that surprised me too!
  3. hertssjc

Plastic Engine Cover

Tell, Well it arrived quicker than anticipated and I was pretty surprised in the quality. Fitting is easy (fitting video is on the website), you have to remove a bolt from the heat shield and use that to secure the supplied bracket that has the ball that the gromet pushes onto. Five minute job...
  4. hertssjc

Plastic Engine Cover

Tell, I will post a picture when it arrives. They have lots of good feedback from all over europe and just pop on and off so don't look too much hassle to fit. They even have a quick fitting video on there.
  5. hertssjc

Plastic Engine Cover

I have just purchased one from Aliexpress, it was only £20 so will see what it is like. I know they only keeep minimal muck off, it's more for cosmetic purposes.
  6. hertssjc

Plastic Engine Cover

I have a 2018 (68) Excellence 1.4 TSI DSG and was wondering if anyone knows if it came with a plastic engine cover. I know that they don't really do much other than making the engine bay looking a little bit tidier and keeping things a little bit cleaner.
  7. hertssjc

What colour is your car?

Great colour.
  8. hertssjc

What colour is your car?

2018 Ateca Excellence 1.4 tsi DSG Rhodium Grey. Paint correction and ceramic coating applied.
  9. hertssjc

Windscreen Sunshade

Can anyone reccomend a well fitting windscreen sunshade for 2018 Ateca. SEAT only seem to sell the ones for the rear and side windows.
  10. hertssjc

Which Tyres??

Watched them, very interesting. Thanks again
  11. hertssjc

Which Tyres??

Tell, many thanks for tasking the time to reply. The Bridgestone's have been ok, i was really looking for something with a lower dB rating but there is probably a pay off against either the economy or wet grip rating. I will have a look at the site you left the link for. Thanks again(y)
  12. hertssjc

Which Tyres??

I have a 68 plate Ateca Excellence 1.4 tsi DSG. I am looking to replace the 215/50 R18 tyres. Depending on which site I look at they give me either V or W speed rating, bearing in mind the spec gives a top speed for the Ateca of 128mph and V rating is 149mph and W rating is 168mph would it be ok...
  13. hertssjc

Annoying rattle...help needed please.

Many thanks, still in warranty so will pop it back to the dealers.
  14. hertssjc

Annoying rattle...help needed please.

I have a 2018 Ateca Excellence. I have noticed a rattle/knocking sound that i initially thought was the passenger seat belt knocking against the plastic trim. I quickly ruled that out and then removed everything from the passenger door bin and the glove box, unfortunatekly it's still happening...
  15. hertssjc

Your opinion on trim levels and options

I have just purchased a 68 plate Excellence 1.4 tsi DSG from a main dealer. Heated seats were a must for me (bad back!), so I think that i was pretty lucky as the vehicle i purchased on ly had 10k miles and had everything on it aprt from Auto Boot and Pan Roof. Agree with other comments on here...
  16. hertssjc

Advice on engines to avoid from 2018 on (ATECA)

Hi, I have an Ateca Excellence 1.4 tsi DSG and read all the horror stories about the DSG box, but in all honesty I have not had any problems. I had driven my daughters golf with a DSG prior to buying my vehicle so kind of knew what to expect. My thoughts are that the gearbox will behave slightly...
  17. hertssjc

Sat Nav Updates

Hi Kurac338: Thank you, I followed your instructions and they worked a treat, I now have updated maps.
  18. hertssjc

Exclusive website discount for ALL forum members!

Email sent, thank you.
  19. hertssjc

SATNAV new maps SD card

I have no connection to this company, but came across them on a forum for Ateca's. They seem to be much cheaper than main dealers and can be found at www.satnavdirect.com
  20. hertssjc

Can anyone tell me what media player I have?

Try this site www.satnavdirect.com I think they supply a SEAT one for about £30. I found them on the SEAT Ateca forum.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.