Search results

1. MjrSharpe

Bocanegra or Cupra

Hi. Both cars have the same engine, the bocanegra just had some visual upgrades such as the black section of the bumper etc. The engine was changed from a cave to a cthe in later models. The cthe has the battery in the boot and some other mods to try and rectify some of the initial problems. It...
  2. MjrSharpe

Thinking of getting 1.4TSI 180..

Yeah simple enough takes maybe half an hour. I originally got the cupra one, but the flexi intake hose chaffed underneath and wore through, so I ordered the hard intake pipe and scoop from a polo gti which fits perfectly. If I were you, I would just buy the polo gti one from the start as it's...
  3. MjrSharpe

Nice one. I'm sure you will love the car :)
  4. MjrSharpe

I've had a 2013 cupra for nearly three years now and can honestly say I have absolutely no problems what so ever. I understand that this may not be true for everyone but I can only speak from my own experience. It does use a little oil but I expected this to be the case and so I keep a close eye...
  5. MjrSharpe

Arch liner / Splash guards help

I can't imagine they're any different. With regards to Porsche for example, they're nearly always the same irrespective of bumper, although transmission can sometimes alter them but I can't see this being the case with the Ibiza. Ask Dave at sere motors and you'll get a definite answer.
  6. MjrSharpe

Need some help with lowering springs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. MjrSharpe

Need some help with lowering springs!

I had eibachs on my fr and tbh you wouldn't even know it had been lowered. I have h and r springs on the cupra which I find perfect. See pic below
  8. MjrSharpe

used autoglym products on my ibiza last night. fantastic results.

Funny you should say about the seat covers, my mum needed some for her toca as well. The upholstery seems really prone to stains, even from water if a little rain blows in !
  9. MjrSharpe

used autoglym products on my ibiza last night. fantastic results.

Your car looks great. Red is always nice if its well kept. Good job !
  10. MjrSharpe

new MK5 (2013 Toca) owner here

Not sure whether it was just a quirk of the rack in that car because I think they're both electro hydraulic systems.
  11. MjrSharpe

new MK5 (2013 Toca) owner here

The tocas are nice cars and quite well speced as well. Glad you're enjoying it :)
  12. MjrSharpe

Dubious Quality ?

The same thing happened to my mum's, but they were replaced without too much hassle.
  13. MjrSharpe

accelerator appears to stick

Some Porsches have a similar issue with their pedals which is caused by the plastic bushes. There are now new bushes available so it could be something similar here.
  14. MjrSharpe

Stage 2 help

What I can't understand is why the forge IC for the polo gti/ Fabia vrs is so much cheaper than the same one for the Cupra. I know the mounts are maybe different but how much can that cost to change ?
  15. MjrSharpe

Stage 2 help

The forge induction kit I have use a pipercross element, so the induction kit will be fine. I guess it could suffer from a little heat soak from the engine but it's still going to be drawing in more air than stock. In reference to the intercooler, airtec once did a comparison between their...
  16. MjrSharpe

Stage 2 help

Airtec make one for £450, which I what I plan to get. There is also a good thread on here about making a custom one. It's a sticky at the top of the mk5 section. What sort of filter did you use? Is it an open cone induction kit?
  17. MjrSharpe

Stage 2 help

To the best of my knowledge the plugs are pretty much essential. I used them in my car even before the map. I think the fmic upgrade is pretty important too. The Twincharged has a pretty small surface area and I think it can be limiting even before mapping. The induction kit should be grand :)
  18. MjrSharpe

Lucifer's Ultimate Guide 2: Tuning the 1.4TSI

Great guide. Looking forward to more :)
  19. MjrSharpe

Lucifer's Ultimate Guide 2: Tuning the 1.4TSI

Same here. Looking forward to it
  20. MjrSharpe

Apologies for my absence, update on car!

Good to see you back ! Sorry to hear you had a rough times but hopefully next year will be better. Looking forward to updates on the Ibiza too :)
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.