Search results

1. Nyteshade

This Guy Needs A Bit Of Convinving.

OOOOO compare and contrast. Both cars are good for very different reasons.
  2. Nyteshade

Annual mileage on your tdi's

I have been averaging 15 - 20k a year and my baby is a whole five and a bit years old now! My engine feels nicely loosened up now especially after a map she still delivers grin factor in spades.
  3. Nyteshade

Advice needed on Clutch, DMF and hoses

Opps that is what I meant... :redface: What worries me is that I keep getting told these things and they could be talking about anything.. hence the threads here to check if I am being given the right information. So far best quote is about £1400 does that sound about right?
  4. Nyteshade

Is that you being polite and I should read that as.. Nooooooooooooo don't do it... it would look shocking?
  5. Nyteshade

Thank you all again for that... So I am now in the process of getting quotes for a new clutch, DMS (I am told that my car has one of those ( MY04 TDI)) and a remap... I have also been advised that it would be a good idea to change all the hoses as well... So black, yellow or cos it's my...
  6. Nyteshade

OH says I need a new clutch

Ty pat.. will speak to them, they are prolly closed now but will give them a buzz tomorrow.
  7. Nyteshade

Okies. I guess I will be cutting the shoe and bag budget! Gonna hit the search button again for suppplier/ cost / fitting info now. EDIT.. P.S Thanks for the replies.. I am sure it is irritating to you all who are in the know, but I really appreciate the help. x
  8. Nyteshade

What I have noticed, rather than anything on the pedal is that if I use the acceleration.. assertive driving off roundabouts, or away from lights etc.... the rev counter climbs but the car doesn't necessarily pick up like it used to..... During this cold weather.. I have obviously been...
  9. Nyteshade

As Lee says OH = Other half. Car is on 85K....... and I would have said that clutch might be beginning to feel like it is on way out.. but not slipping... OH says is slips.. but then as he owns a Skyline he tends to drive all cars like is on a track. Still taking on board the whole...
  10. Nyteshade

Ah my apologies. It's a sooty oil burner, totally standard.. PD150 I am considering a remap, but that would come after the clutch. (As no doubt your probably gathering I am no technician so a fair amount of research would be required as to the type of map)
  11. Nyteshade

*nyte smiles sweetly and counts to 10* I guess it must be a male thing... not RTFQ...:p having read the post as directed it didn't actually answer any of the questions I asked. Hey ho....thank you both for your imput anyway.
  12. Nyteshade

is that a rhetorical question? Is the sarcasm FOC or does that cost extra? That might have helped, if I had a remapped Petrol cupra.
  13. Nyteshade

He drove my baby the other day and insists that the clutch is at the beginning of the end. So I have dutifully searched and read all the results of the search and now I am totally confused. I don't want to just go to the stealer's really cos I don't trust them, but I really could do with...
  14. Nyteshade

Iphone call failure

I find my iphone needs to be shut down and restarted fairly regularly to stop various irritating crashes and misbehaviours... I only have a parrot in my car but I can't say I have noticed any problems with bluetooth or calls.. sorry that is not very much help is it. :shrug:
  15. Nyteshade

Floor soaked in the back!

Door Seals?
  16. Nyteshade

Multiple Login's

So just to be sure... logging from home and / or work is ok.. but if another account tried to log on from home then both accounts are automatically banned? Also.. Who do I need to notify if there is a genuine second user from here.. I know he had an account at some point.. not sure if it...
  17. Nyteshade

Tyre Advice please

Apologies for the late reply.. with regard to the Falkens.. I have been very pleased with them..they haven't compromised the handling and have worn very well.... I will shortly be buying some more.. unless anyone else has any other suggestions.
  18. Nyteshade

The New Seat Ibiza SportCoupé

Umm I was looking at this last night. I am trying to plan when / what to change my car to... so I wish there would hurry up and be some info about it....... This vamp isn't so good at the patience/ waiting thing
  19. Nyteshade

Newbie to Diesel

:( tut tut the bad SEAT gods...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.