Search results

1. 215 40 16

Has anyone used 215 40 16 tyres instead of the 205 45 16?
  2. Car Tax

It's called inflation, its nothing new.
  3. is it worth keeping cupra r seats???

Keep them. As people wear theirs out you can get good money for yours. Won't be for a few years though.
  4. Your new car, was it better than the LCR????

I've downgraded to a diesel.i needed higher mpg and some cash so its going.
  5. Wheel turning in neutral

That's normal. Why would you do a brake fluid change because of this? That's like only eating grapes on a Friday hoping it will stop raining.
  6. Dilemma decision, do i keep BAM Powered Mk2 Golf or LCR??

Loose the leon. Golf will only increase in value.
  7. Poorly bam

So I've fitted a new sensor and the car now starts and runs fine from warm, I shall try from cold in the morning. All fault codes are cleared and nothing's popped back up. Amazing how much drama a water sensor can have on the running of an engine.
  8. Poorly bam

Thermostat and cts switch were swapped a few weeks back but today it threw up code 17704. So looks like my £3.50 switch is aids.
  9. Poorly bam

My bam engine is poorly. I'm having trouble starting it an its running on 3 cylinders. That will clear and the car will drive although a little jerky at times. Once warm it will run fine but If I shut the engine off and try to restart it takes a while to fire then revs at 2500 rpm on its own...
  10. High Temp RED Calliper Paint

Used to use Hammerite. Now using halfords caliper paint and its much better. Keeps its shine a year on and easier to apply.
  11. Armrest revival

I can repair the lower latch with 2 small screws to make the arms move back and forth. I shall see if I can file the ratchets out and put it back together. Not sure if there is enough meat left for it to work but its a free try.
  12. Armrest revival

Ok guys here's a update. To start with. If you want to open it up you need to remove the arm rest from the car by undoing the two Allen key bolts. Take the top half of the arm rest off and remove the lid by squeezing the sides and lifting it away. Then you need to remove the two large round...
  13. Armrest revival

I may aswell have a go. Worst case is I have to bin it and buy another which is pretty much where I'm at anyway. Once I strip all the plastic off the above guide shows the ratchet repair. Hopefully it will work and I can save many others £35
  14. Armrest revival

At £50 I beg to differ. It can only be the catch not engaging properly. The only challenge seems to be opening it up blind.
  15. Armrest revival

I don't mind buying a used one but it could be worse than what I have. Searched all threads in here and no one goes into repairing them.
  16. Cambelt Slice!

Do not even think about starting that engine. I would take the battery off so I couldn't even do it by mistake.
  17. Armrest revival

Has anyone managed to save their arm rest. I'm talking about when you lean on it and it clicks and drops forward. It's been bugging me like mad so I took the thing out the car tonight in a attempt to fix the ratchet inside. I'm feeling like crap so I've stopped for now before I smash it to...
  18. Group buy on liquid gauge!

Sorry that came across rude, well done on your efforts. For the sales guy I'm sure he could have done better in order to sell 10 units. For a decent discount I may well have got one for the sake of it, but for the agro and only a 15% saving I would go direct and look to haggle on the phone.
  19. Group buy on liquid gauge!

15% discount for a batch of ten is a crap discount.
  20. G85 calibration help

Thank you :)
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members