Search results

1. heggie

Stereo upgrade on Leon FR 1P

Ive actually just put it back in, its cost me nothing as I had a fully enforced ebay refund though the action fraud case is still pending against me. Its a pile of crap though, I can get the DAB to work if I swap the usb each time :rofl: I plan to try root some of the issues if that makes...
  2. heggie

Is that the only fault you found though? I very much doubt they will get back to you. Probably play the same game with you as me. Think they are just to be avoided to be honest
  3. heggie

Well at least that's some good news and yeah I have to agree would have thought they would replace it. What's it like when playing cds that's where sound quality was at it's worst and also playing like a copied CD with no CD text. Funny enough my fascia was spot on probably the only good...
  4. heggie

It didn't come with a Mic just the standard built in one which is useless. It comes with removal keys so look on YouTube for vids to remove it buts it's easy once you key release keys in the right place. I've got the unit back and eBay fully refunded my purchase price after spending hours on...
  5. heggie

Just a little update on the unit I returned or for anyne brought here by a google search looking for RNS510 style units or MSautomotive based in Leeds. Stay well away from them! Unit was awfal even the guys at preston ice said from the explination I gave it was a dud. MSautomotive told me...
  6. heggie

Yeah get stereo sound it's just amplified badly. It's easily half the quality of the standard unit. In fact I may just go back to that for now. Will see what the next couple of days bring I have more time to take a proper look
  7. heggie

It's the latest 7.1 android unit or so it says lol. It's got a few hidden menus so yesterday I turned up the gain on the Bluetooth Mic input to flat out. Made zero difference
  8. heggie

I know this thread is a few months old but since a few mentioned about upgrading to the RNS510 style unit from ebay, I would think twice. Below are my findings so far the unit cost £310 so I thought it would actually be a reasonable unit, it really does look the part and is very easy to use...
  9. heggie

Headlight options on the cupra

Had a good look round and not seen much in the way of pictures, recently got a mk2 cupra on 58 plate however sadly not fitted with the xenon lamps so keen to upgrade the bulbs or units themselves. I know nothing about LED options available and do quite like the headlight design on the car as...
  10. heggie

Whats a cupra r with 150k miles worth these days?

Problem is new one is delivered Monday and I will be keeping it on the drive until I sell this. Less messing about with 2 lots of tax and insurance. Its the worst time of year to be selling so someone is going to get a bargain really.
  11. heggie

I could break it and make £1500ish easy I would think maybe far more https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222742462956?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
  12. heggie

Put it up for £1950 almost a week ago, had loads of interest but not the sort I want lol. Must have had 10 "breakers or traders" asking whats the best price along with many swaps and offers half the price! I wonder if all the lower mileage cars get all the same ha ha. At this rate I can...
  13. heggie

I don't think it's downgrading at all lol but for the 6k mark it's about the only thing I actually quite like. Also few years ago on here there were 2 or 3 rs that's had done over 200k
  14. heggie

Will be upgrading to a mk2 cupra over the next few weeks so will soon be time to advertise my 2004 BAM cupra r, however at just shy of 150k a valuation isnt easy. FSH stack of receipts for work carried out and long MOT etc so thinking £2250ono. Anyone else got any input or agree/disagree...
  15. heggie

tyre question

From my personal opinion on this on the LCR. Bridgestone Potenza RE002: Were on the car when I got it, fairly good just on the noisy side. vredestein ultrac sessanta: **** on wear, 5000 miles on the front otherwise not bad. Uniroyal RS 3: Terrible on wear, never again! Goodyear Eagle F1...
  16. heggie

Tyres??

Thats what I would have expected but stretched mine to about 7500 on the front then back lol. They are about done to be fair so will be spending the extra £40 on the goodyear because they are good all rounders;)
  17. heggie

Tyres??

I did speak to uniroyal about it and they were concerned so recommended I take to a uniroyal approved fitter, and had a defect of been found they would refund me the difference. There were none locally so being as I only paid £160 for the pair and got a pair of goodyear for £200 I bit the bullet...
  18. heggie

Tyres??

I didnt drive any harder than I do now probably less hard as had the clutch changed during the time, pressure at 34psi. I did have vreds on before after people were rating them, however found they didnt last along with everyone else lol. The uniroyals were just out so thought I would give them a...
  19. heggie

Tyres??

Not really true, fitted the uniroyals about 10 months ago and after about 2 months and them dropping to just 3mm of tread in about 2000miles got a set of goodyear eagle f1s and chucked the uniroyals on the back. Done 5000ish now and uniroyals have just about legal tread and the goodyears about...
  20. heggie

Tyres??

Uniroyals are great in the wet and good in the dry, however they are crap with wear so I wouldnt bother personally with them again myself!
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.