Search results

1. heggie

Headlight options on the cupra

Had a good look round and not seen much in the way of pictures, recently got a mk2 cupra on 58 plate however sadly not fitted with the xenon lamps so keen to upgrade the bulbs or units themselves. I know nothing about LED options available and do quite like the headlight design on the car as...
  2. heggie

Whats a cupra r with 150k miles worth these days?

Will be upgrading to a mk2 cupra over the next few weeks so will soon be time to advertise my 2004 BAM cupra r, however at just shy of 150k a valuation isnt easy. FSH stack of receipts for work carried out and long MOT etc so thinking £2250ono. Anyone else got any input or agree/disagree...
  3. heggie

Disappointed with Vred Ultrac Sessanta on the LCR

Basically after lots of votes and reading good reviews I had a pair fitted to the front to replace the bridgestone potenzas it had on which lets face it were over priced crap. However I have only had these fitted 6 months and whilst I am very happy with the way they perform I am not so happy...
  4. heggie

Could to much boost pressure cause my wastegate to stick open???

As the title is it possible. Peaking at about 28psi and holding 26psi but when I start to build pressure I get this whooshing kinda sound and its very similar to the wastegate opening when changing gear but sticking open. I know my clutch is starting to slip at high boost and load so it is...
  5. heggie

Technical question on boost pressure on the LCR

Ok guys I have owned the car since Feb this year and the owner before had it for about 18 months before that with 5 owners before that. It is not known when it was remapped but i was told it was Revo so it is possible it was remapped several years ago. Back in July I took it to Badger Bill...
  6. heggie

Cupra R cat back exhaust system

Guys after my post the other day about a possible exhaust problem I have had it up on the garage ramps today and almost certain the worst is confirmed :( The shock from hitting the pothole has in fact broken most of the exhaust hangers so the noise I am getting is actually the exhaust resting...
  7. heggie

Possible exhuast problem

Guys sorry to sound really vague with this lol, I hit a pothole hard on sunday morning but only had half a mile to go. Parked up for my 12 hour shift and when I drove off that night had a really strange sound when I lifted off the at the junction. Its was like the exhaust blowing against the...
  8. heggie

Help with some fault codes

Guy was giving the cupra r some stick on the way home, been having a problem with it letting of boost on lighter throttle (suspect n75?) so was flooring it in second when the EML flashed and I had a missfire under load. Have used the basic vagcom and got 3 codes: 18058: something about...
  9. heggie

Headlight switch removal???

How the hell do you get it out? I was trying to fit a boost gauge and in trying to get it out have broken it so now I have all fog lights on with the headlights :cry: I may be able to repair it but for the life of me cant get it out without breaking it some more. I thought it would just pop...
  10. heggie

Pillar mount for boost gauge???

Guys where can I get a pillar mount for a boost gauge that isnt £32? Still having a few slight problems with boost pressure not being quiet right on anything but full throttle so thought I will fit a boost gauge to see whats going on! Going to fit this gauge...
  11. heggie

Thoughts on forge 007 DV springs?

Right after replacing all the vac pipes under the inlet on my cupra r I am back to full power most of the time. However at times I have hesitation between 2-3000rpm, Also at times changing gear in this range doesnt always feel right almost like a dump of pressure just as you lift off. It...
  12. heggie

Advise on changing thermostat

Guy anyone got a few tips on the best way yo change the thermostat? I will be changing the vac pipes under the inlet during the week so going to do the stat at the same time. Doesnt look like there is much room so is it best to take the alternator off???
  13. heggie

Help with all the pipes under the inlet manifold on BAM engine

Had a smoke test done today and there are a couple of leaks on the pipes going into the inlet manifold. Might be thinking along the lines of replacing the whole lot but have no idea where to start or what to order! Is there a list or even better a diagram which gives part number ect so I know...
  14. heggie

Can anyone help me with the LCR intercooler and vac system

I did find a nice diagram the other week which had lots of detail on but have since lost it :( I am still having boost issues and you can really hear it with the window open and putting your foot down. I have just serviced the DV and I have noticed under the inlet manifold so of the pipes and...
  15. heggie

ICE install ideas or even better show me what you have got!

Right guys being as I have a rather expensive 1.5kw ish system out of my old car I think its time I put some of it to good use. It might be 10 years old but still packs a punch and was well over £2000 when new. I have 2x 12 inch DB audio 1000w subs (375rms) each which were run off a 800...
  16. heggie

New LCR thermostat? temp gauge not reading 90

Guys wheres the best place to get a genuine thermostat online? Mine must be fu*ked :( Fitted a new CTS a few weeks back (genuine I hope for £36) but the temp gauge only reads 90 in traffic or harder driving. Normal driving its gone back down so must be the stat as not got any fault codes.
  17. heggie

Where next with my boost leak problem?

Ok now before we say its a boost leak problem I had only had the car 3 days before it started doing it! Basically you hear a forcing or air (gushing) and the car has lost some of its power. Dont get me wrong its still very fast but when cruising down the motorway and you go to put your foot down...
  18. heggie

Which tyers are you all running on your LCR

I know this is going to produce all sorts of answers but after a pot hole took one of mine out wanted to see what some of you are running and why. I had a set of Bridgestone Potenza and to be honest I dont think they are that good and so far as I can see the price of about £150 each is because...
  19. heggie

LCR losing boost or dumping it!

This problem started only a couple of days after getting the car. Basically between about 2-3000rpm I am losing boost pressure as you can hear it gushing out from somewhere, above this it is not quite so noticeable. I thought it was one of the intercooler hoses so I got a second hand set which I...
  20. heggie

Intercooler hoses

Right I am fairly sure I have a split intercooler hose somewhere as I am losing boost pressure in massive amounts between 2000-3000rpm above that its not to bad as I guess the psi has dropped? I have a full set of second hand hoses just delivered but its snowing and windchill of about minus 6 :(...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise