Search results

1. Titchayers

Fitting uprated anti-roll bar..

Excellent, cheers guys.
  2. Titchayers

Fitting uprated anti-roll bar..

Is it hard to do on a 1.4s and will I need more than one jack? or can I do it with one?
  3. Titchayers

pics of non LCR splitters

I think the only 'coilover' friendly car park in Norwich is chapelfield or the school :L
  4. Titchayers

pics of non LCR splitters

Wasn't the castle mall multi-story was it? The f***er has claimed so much of my mouldings -.-
  5. Titchayers

What colour wheels on a red LCR

My santa Monica reps in anthracite (30% gloss) Just sprayed them this morning.
  6. Titchayers

Finally sprayed my alloys!

I had them shot blasted (£40 for the set) Then denibbed with 240 grit which took about 1.5 hours. Treated the alloy with chromate and then powder coated at work :D So not long at all really.
  7. Titchayers

Finally sprayed my alloys!

So after months of humming and harring I finally sprayed my Santa Monica reps, nice to see the back end of the lacquer peel. Went with Anthracite grey, satin finish (30% gloss) What do you guys think?
  8. Titchayers

key fob not working help??

Take you key apart (careful, because the bit that is faulty will probably fall out) Turn the internal motherboard over to where the buttons are. There are 2 tiny silver disks that sit over the contacts, when you press the button, these disks push against the contact and make the connection. It's...
  9. Titchayers

Electric window 'clank'

Yeah mine also does that. If water is getting on the motor, it has to be coming in from above it (mine was coming into the 2 holes that are used to access the window clamps, the idiot that owned the car before me didn't put them back in when the regulator clips broke) But my money is on it being...
  10. Titchayers

Electric window 'clank'

It could be the gear of the regulator skipping/slipping on the motor. The motor has a cut out mechanism where as soon as it feels enough resistance (ie. when the window reaches the top and bottom, or someone pushes hard enough on the window, it cuts out) If the motor gets any water on it, this...
  11. Titchayers

another leaky door seal

No worries :)
  12. Titchayers

another leaky door seal

You will need to buy 'Butyl door sealant' off EBay. Pry off the front of the door handle, and undo the 2 screws. Undo the 2 T20 torx screws at the bottom of the door card. Pop it off the door from the bottom and lift up, it's off! Unclip the wires and door handle cable. Undo the bolts around...
  13. Titchayers

another leaky door seal

Paying for a garage to do it is pointless. It's about as easy as filling your screen wash up. And will cost you £7 instead of about £30. Honestly mate, it's hard to get it wrong.
  14. Titchayers

What colour to spray my wheels?

Anthracite.
  15. Titchayers

Falken ze914's.

Well I only have a 1.4, so it needs to be able to grip well, because corners are the only time I can feel like I'm going fast lol. I'll just stick to 'low'n'slow' Just wanted a nice looking tyre that's not going to put me in a ditch really :L They are only 16" alloys as well, thanks for the...
  16. Titchayers

Falken ze914's.

Anyone had/got these? Good/bad? Thanks in advance, Liam.
  17. Titchayers

bonnet catch problem

They can be a bit temperamental. If it is completely stuck, get someone to pull the bonnet up fairly firmly while you pull the bonnet catch, it should release. I have to give mine a tug before I can then 'pop the bonnet', not a major problem, but annoying. Don't know how common it is. Let me...
  18. Titchayers

Strange tyre request.

How wide are the alloys?
  19. Titchayers

Santa Monica Alloys - Refurbing!

Thanks, that does suit it much better!
  20. Titchayers

MK1 Leon Lowering / Wheel advice.

This is with 16" alloys though, so you will have less arch gap, depending on tyre profile.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members