Search results

1. Russ_20vt

TowBar for Bike Rack?

Yeah i can hopefully do a ride on sunday! Went to chicksands yesterday and at the end of the ride the free hub didnt sound to good. The springs that push the paws out on my hope hub have broken, Hope are sending out some new ones today so hopefully they will arrive then the ride will definitely...
  2. Russ_20vt

TowBar for Bike Rack?

:D Finally fittted my towbar after having to send the original one back and get a replacement due to one of the arms being bent. Fitted Thursday Afternoon and had my first ride Friday Im a bit dissapointed the rack makes the bike sit so low. In the picture above i tried to level...
  3. Russ_20vt

TowBar for Bike Rack?

Oh thanks guys, anybody else remember what theres looked liked? It does look as if it came out of the factory like it but i would just expect them both to be straight, unless of course its compensating for the fuel tank or fuel filler as such things.
  4. Russ_20vt

TowBar for Bike Rack?

Didnt get a chance to fit it this morning, ive only just had the chance to have a look at it as its been at my parents house. Im a bit concerned that its bent on one side, i would have thought they both would have been straight? though it does look to be manufactured at this angle. Anybody able...
  5. Russ_20vt

TowBar for Bike Rack?

Cheers, ill have to get the axel stands out then! hopefully get the time early saturday morning to fit it so ill post some pics up when im done. Thanks
  6. Russ_20vt

TowBar for Bike Rack?

Thanks everyone, i ordered it all last night. Ally if only you had said sooner i would have had that off you :cry: The guy on the phone said that i should receive it tomorrow so hopefully ill have it on ready for a ride this weekend. Sorry to keep asking questions but to get it on as...
  7. Russ_20vt

TowBar for Bike Rack?

Ah just found your old post about it all Josh, thanks anyway.
  8. Russ_20vt

TowBar for Bike Rack?

Thanks again Josh that saved me searching more, thats a good site, cheap and they dont charge excessive delivery. They have everything i want so im going to to order from them now. I popped into Westerham Seat this morning and they couldnt tell me if i would need to drill the mount holes of if...
  9. Russ_20vt

TowBar for Bike Rack?

Thanks Josh thats just what i wanted to know. Thanks for heads up about delivery costs, i see that towequipe site wants to charge me £25 delivery. Very sneaky. Which site did you order from and what make towbar did you go for? Thanks
  10. Russ_20vt

TowBar for Bike Rack?

Hi Guys, I know this isnt a hot topic on here but ive had a good search on here and see that a fair few people have gone down the tow bar bike rack option but cant find a answer to my questions. Ive been seriously into Mountain Biking for about a year and a half now and its starting to...
  11. Russ_20vt

Westerham Seat, Intresting customer care.

Engine mount snapped on my 05 Ibiza FR Tdi. Cars being repaired under warranty luckily after they had inspected it. Asked if it would be possible for a Courtesy car as the car has failed under warranty, told harsh and bluntly that wasnt possible, how ever they did offer me a Hire car at £20 a...
  12. Russ_20vt

I cant last any longer, wheel advise please.

Thanks guys for the ideas, just got back on here. Well ill definately be getting coilovers first, see how low and useable it is on the standard 16s to make my mind up if ill go 16s or 17s. I want a good dish on them and they are going to be at least 8inch wide all round with the posibilty of 9...
  13. Russ_20vt

Will these fit mine

nope they wont fit, as said there for a mk3
  14. Russ_20vt

I cant last any longer, wheel advise please.

Hi Guys, Well i dont have a mk3 anymore but have a mk4 54 plate FR TDI in Platinum grey. Ive had it 3 monthsish now and have resisted this long, i have kept telling myself im going to keep her standard but i dont think im going to last much longer. Ive had a paintless dent guy go all round...
  15. Russ_20vt

Ibiza Cupra 1.8turbo vs 1.9TDi??

lol, yeah and then what happens when you also put a bigger turbo on the petrol:) :)
  16. Russ_20vt

Perfect, refering to my first post that if you want this out of the car then you need to buy a petrol. But if you want what i now want out of a car then get a diesel.
  17. Russ_20vt

lol yeah of course, so your going down a country lane and you get stuck behind a slow tractor and you want to overtake safely. The Fiat has loads or power to get round in a safe manor. Yeah i know there is driving fast and driving like a twat, of course the twat means different things to...
  18. Russ_20vt

Well, ive just changed from a mk3 Ibiza Cupra to mk4 FR TDI so i have got a fairly good comparison. My old Mk3 was remapped and had a few other bits and was running around 210bhp with 230ish torque, the FR is remapped and has around 160bhp with 280ish torque. The MK3 would eat my TDI FR...
  19. Russ_20vt

Cool.s and Cd Changer?

Quick question, i tried to search but founda nada. Sisters just put a deposit on a 1.4 Cool.s but she failed to look in the boot to see if it had a changer in there. Anybody know if they come as standard in them? Also if she doesnt i take it fitting one would be easy. Thanks Russ
  20. Russ_20vt

its gone!!

Thanks Matt! Yup im the new owner, shes going to be looked after. I sold my mk3 cupra yesterday and picked up Matts baby today. Had to sell my cupra because im on the move out of home and im drivng lots at the moment. Have to say im so impressed with the way she drives, the suspension as...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.