Search results

1. I need a spare key - help!

Hello, Can anyone help me with this over the next few days? My sisters up to visit me in Dewsbury and really would like one doing if possible? Message me. Thanks.
  2. I need a spare key - help!

Hi. Thanks for both of your replies. I'll speak to my sister and see which route she wants to go down. I doubt she realises how expensive it is. Thanks for your help.
  3. I need a spare key - help!

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I don't have access to VCDS, is that the only way to code it to the car? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but with my Leon all I had to do was insert old key into ignition, remove and insert new key, press remote buttons and it was coded. Or something like...
  4. I need a spare key - help!

Hi, my sisters 2008 1.9 tdi only came with 1 remote locking key when she bought it from an independent. Is there any way to get another key to work with her car? Don't mind if its a remote key or not, flip key or standard. I've read that you can't buy a second hand key and code it to the...
  5. Worrying rattle on 1.9 tdi - dmf?

Thanks leonmk2cupra. Took the car to a local independent I've used for years. He had two separate mechanics drive it, then inspect it on ramps. They couldn't recreate the noise or see anything amiss or dangerous. There are a some slight vibrations when in neutral, but nothing alarming. Just...
  6. Worrying rattle on 1.9 tdi - dmf?

Hello, My 2007 1.9 TDi with 45k miles has developed an intermittent rattle. It started about two weeks ago, 500 miles after I had the cam belt, waterpump and ancillaries replaced. Has anyone had similar symptoms to this? Its tricky to describe. I'm worried its the DMF or clutch bearing...
  7. Why the mk3 does not have hidden rear door handles

Totally agree about parts sharing. Economies of scale mean that not only the handle, but the entire mechanism is cheaper to produce in an identical fashion for all doors. I love the hidden handles of my MK2. Separates my passengers into friends and idiots. I also loved them on my Alfa 156. Now...
  8. Hydro-Dipped Carbon Scuttle

Definitely the one on the right. Have you wrapped it before to see how it looks? Are you gonna do the B pillars & rear door handles?
  9. People thoughts on leather interior

I had heated leather seats in my old car. Very nice in the winter and Speed-FReek is right about leather being easier to keep clean with kids about. Bear in mind the seats in the rear aren't heated, so passenger's moan in cold months. Find the best you can. Mine lasted 4 years before PX'ing...
  10. Paintless Dent Removal in Yorkshire

Hi. Can anyone recommend a Paintless Dent Removal company. I've been searching online and got a quote for £60 from Dent Devils in Barnsley, to repair the dent on my Leon 1P's bonnet. Does this sound like a decent price. I haven't used a PDR company before, so haven't a clue what to pay...
  11. Best place for Clutch replacement in Yorkshire?

Hi thanks for your replies. The prices were for clutch supplied and fitted. I thought it sounded pretty good as my Citroen ZX cost that nearly ten years ago. We're near Wakefield, but as the car still drives we can travel. The Lupos off for a second (or third) opinion tomorrow, as the brake feel...
  12. Best place for Clutch replacement in Yorkshire?

Hi, I've asked around and as quotes are varying, I thought I'd ask on this specific forum, as you're always helpful. My mates 100k Lupo 1.4 TDi needs a new clutch. I've asked on the Arosa forum, but they're a bit quite. And I'm impatient. Can anyone recommend a garage in Yorkshire...
  13. Pirelli P6000 on 17s any good?

Just for your information, this is what I currently have (not my actual car) ...and what wheels I want to upgrade to: ...as found on 2.0 TDis and OPTIONAL on 1.9s. Chuffin' Insurance Companies....
  14. Pirelli P6000 on 17s any good?

Yes I thought they were an old tyre design. Some mixed reviews online, but obviously they are for different vehicles. Thats why I've asked people who drive Leons. My friend who gave me the Pirelli tyre quote (Parts Manager at Toyota) says he can do the 4x Pirellis for £250. £62.50 a tyre. At...
  15. Pirelli P6000 on 17s any good?

Thanks for your advice, I'll be asking what other tyres they have to offer instead then. Slightly off-topic, but I just called my insurance to tell em I want to change my 16s to 17s at the weekend. They said they won't cover a wheel size modification! So I suggested to them that the wheels I...
  16. Pirelli P6000 on 17s any good?

Hi, Been searching on this forum and most recommend P Zeros, Goodyears or Potenzas. However, I've bought some Seat 17s wheels (To upgrade from my OEM 16s) and have just got what may be a good deal from a mate in the trade. I was gonna get Bridgestone S001s for £91.15 a corner (Fitted etc...
  17. MK3 Leon SC unveil

Official pictures on Net Car Show, just released... http://www.netcarshow.com/seat/2014-leon_sc/
  18. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Carbon wrapped mirrors, Matt Silver wrapped door grabs and speaker surrounds. Took a lot longer than that sentence... and gave it a couple of coats of wax ready for winter.
  19. 2.0 TDI Clutch Pedal Dropped To The Floor

Had a similar problem on my 2007 1P. The Leon clutch is hydraulically operated. The master cylinder is behind the clutch pedal, through the bulkhead. If the clutch wasn't slipping before its most likely a hydraulic leak. As Jimbo_h says, check for fluid leaks behind the clutch pedal, and in the...
  20. G201 code

Yes. 01435 fault code. Same problem as OP on same day. Now to see if my flaky warranty will cover it...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.